EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
I haven't followed the QVL in my previous built, but they were intel/non-ecc... Is it really risky to buy ECC UDIMM that is not on the QVL? (looking at a pair of Crucial MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2R)

helviuscecia

Jan 25, 2024
Just another data point:

My new 5800x was detected and working with BIOS F06, no issues. My RAM is two modules of KSM32ED8/16HD, installed in the A0 slots (the black slots).

I haven't been able to update to F11 through the BMC, though. I might try to fix that later.

I also expected the CPU cooler mounting to be rotated 90 degrees from what it actually is. Now my CPU cooler (NH-D15) is blowing air bottom-up in my chassis, I was expecting to mount it to move air horizontally in the chassis :D
Same here with 5700X and two 32GB RAM in A1 and B1. Everything seems to work just fine but I cant upgrade BIOS from F6 to F11.

Reactions: Serhan

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Everything seems to work just fine but I cant upgrade BIOS from F6 to F11
sorry but can you ask your neighbor if he can update your BIOS ? or can you explain why you can't ?
maybe there is an error shown on the screen, yes crazy things can happen !

helviuscecia

Jan 25, 2024
Image.RBU is the file for flashing via the BMC

Located in RBU dir if you unzip server_mb_bios_MC12-LE0_F11
This is what I'm doing through Maintenance -> Firmware Update -> Choose .rbu file for F11 -> Start Firmware Update -> Choose BIOS -> Proceed to Flash. Then it fails after the .rbu file is uploaded. Error message is extremely generic and dont tell me much.
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 22.46.02.jpg

sorry but can you ask your neighbor if he can update your BIOS ? or can you explain why you can't ?
maybe there is an error shown on the screen, yes crazy things can happen !
Dont know why your pants are twisted but I was quoting another person confirming I was unable to perform the update with a processor from the same series 5xxx. Maybe you and your neigbors can help decipher the very helpful error message attached.

Reactions: Serhan

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I was quoting another person confirming I was unable to perform the update with a processor from the same series 5xxx
update via BMCWebGUI don't need a cpu, and with cpu the host should be off in update state.
Maybe you and your neigbors can help decipher the very helpful error message attached.
big difference between "i can't" and "got a strange error msg"

helviuscecia

Jan 25, 2024
update via BMCWebGUI don't need a cpu, and with cpu the host should be off in update state.

big difference between "i can't" and "got a strange error msg"
Host was off when I tried. Tried using EFI Shell as well but getting "THE ROM file information does not match the system BIOS" message there instead. Triple checked that I downloaded the correct version. Not sure how to proceed from here or if I even should. It seems to be working just fine with the F06 version.

AlexGee

Aug 3, 2022
thx, much better information i can work with.
I had a failed BMC update…
Then I wanted to update BIOS via USB / shell -> „the ROM information does not match…“
Then tried to update BMC via USB -> success
BIOS update via BMC (with same BIOS file than above) -> success

Main complaint right now:
I can’t activate iGPU of 4650G in BIOS… Was anyone able to activate the iGPU on this Mainboard (for transcoding - VGA output ist just ASt2500)?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Then I wanted to update BIOS via USB / shell -> „the ROM information does not match…“
yes you have to update BMC to latest before BIOS to F11
I can’t activate iGPU of 4650G in BIOS… Was anyone able to activate the iGPU on this Mainboard (for transcoding - VGA output ist just ASt2500)?
the board VGA is only connected to ASPEED BMC. possibly the iGPU is not powered(socket) same issue than some intel motherbaords (supermicro i.e.)

Reactions: etorix

helviuscecia

Jan 25, 2024
I had a failed BMC update…

Main complaint right now:
yes you have to update BMC to latest before BIOS to F11

the board VGA is only connected to ASPEED BMC. possibly the iGPU is not powered(socket) same issue than some intel motherbaords (supermicro i.e.)
Finally got it working upgrading both through EFI.
First upgraded BMC through EFI.
Tried upgrading BIOS through BMC but still gives the same error message.
Tried in EFI but I still had the issue with "THE ROM file information does not match the system BIOS" when upgrading BIOS.

I contacted Gigabyte support and they said it is a false positive and told me to use the E (Update Entire BIOS Region and Exit) option when prompted.
Did that and after it said "Verify All Block ....... Done" it got stuck and there was no more output(Maybe by design?).
Waited about 30 minutes, then I power cycled and everything is up and running again.

Had to jump through a few hoops to upgrade stuff but overall very happy with the board considering the price.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 11.58.47.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 11.52.45.jpg

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
Finally got it working upgrading both through EFI.
First upgraded BMC through EFI.
Tried upgrading BIOS through BMC but still gives the same error message.
Tried in EFI but I still had the issue with "THE ROM file information does not match the system BIOS" when upgrading BIOS.

I contacted Gigabyte support and they said it is a false positive and told me to use the E (Update Entire BIOS Region and Exit) option when prompted.
Did that and after it said "Verify All Block ....... Done" it got stuck and there was no more output(Maybe by design?).
Waited about 30 minutes, then I power cycled and everything is up and running again.

Had to jump through a few hoops to upgrade stuff but overall very happy with the board considering the price.

View attachment 34097

View attachment 34096
Thank you for this, I was stuck on the bios / bmc update, finally was able to do it after this.

NPS

Jan 14, 2021
Got my CPU and RAM for first of three boards today and ran into the (same?) problem. Managed to update BMC via itself but BIOS always was rejected. So the solution of @helviuscecia came with perfect timing!
Everything works great for the time being so I will probably buy additional CPUs in the comming weeks/month. I mainly wait for a 4-fan version of the Sliger CX2137. Also searching for Dynatron A43. Anyone else interested? Maybe there is a way to get these to europe if we need many...

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
Any feedback on the cooler that is part of the bundle? I plan to use a 5700x, if I can find one used, in a 2U case that should get some airflow already.

Last edited:

NPS

Jan 14, 2021
I currently have a Dynatron A24. In case I can't get a Dynatron A43 I will try to use the A24 without fan but with a (self built) shroud in a 2U. I would not use such a 1U cooler in a 2U case.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Anyone successful to activate the iGPU of an APU?
What do you mean activate ? The VGA port is hardwired to the BMC and will never output from iGPU

But it's still a device/feature in chip and you should have no problem passing it through to a container or VM

also the AM4 APU are not suited for encoding use, due to many limitations in engine... for cheap cpu encoding go intel, or newest AM5 / mobile chips

Last edited:

AlexGee

Aug 3, 2022
What do you mean activate ? The VGA port is hardwired to the BMC and will never output from iGPU

But it's still a device/feature in chip and you should have no problem passing it through to a container or VM
I‘m fully aware that the VGA port ist hardwired to the AST2500 - I just want to pass the iGPU of my Ryzen 4650G to a Jellyfin VM/LXC in Proxmox.

Unfortunately, the iGPU is not visible with default BIOS values (iGPU deactivated) and if I set the iGPU to active in BIOS, I cannot boot anymore and need to clear CMOS to boot again…