1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Discussion in 'Hard Drives and Solid State Drives' started by Patrick, Sep 14, 2016.

1. lowfat

lowfat New Member

That is very disappointing. I was hoping to do a tiered setup w/ an 320GB SLC ioDrive Duo and a RAIDZ2 iSCSI share (over 10GbE). But if it isn't going to perform I won't bother even trying.

2. acquacow

acquacow Member

Yeah, not sure if I did anything wrong, but I did it twice to confirm...

Here are my results:

4 disks by themselves:
    [​IMG]

4-disk with a 2-column stripe for ~double speeds
    [​IMG]

Built an ssd tier and even had write caching enabled with the ssds and the perf was worse than a 4-disk mirror with striping...
    [​IMG]

This is how I built it... anything wrong you can see in there?
    Code:
    $pd = (Get-PhysicalDisk -CanPool $True | Where MediaType -NE UnSpecified)
    New-StoragePool -PhysicalDisks $pd –StorageSubSystemFriendlyName “Windows Storage*” -FriendlyName “StoragePool”

$ssdTier = New-StorageTier -StoragePoolFriendlyName "StoragePool" -FriendlyName SSDTier -MediaType SSD
    $hddTier = New-StorageTier -StoragePoolFriendlyName "StoragePool" -FriendlyName HDDTier -MediaType HDD

New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "StoragePool" -FriendlyName TieredSpace -StorageTiers $ssdtier, $hddtier -StorageTierSizes 1090GB, 7260GB -ResiliencySettingName Mirror -WriteCacheSize 1GB

Get-VirtualDisk TieredSpace | Get-Disk | Initialize-Disk -PartitionStyle GPT
    Get-VirtualDisk TieredSpace | Get-Disk | New-Partition -DriveLetter “E” -UseMaximumSize
    Initialize-Volume -DriveLetter “E” -FileSystem REFS -Confirm:$false
    Thoughts?

3. i386

i386 Active Member

Did you change the media type for the iodrives manually or were they automatically detected as ssds?

4. acquacow

acquacow Member

Auto-detected as SSDs.