FS: Atom C3558 Fanless Network Appliance

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

staticresident

Jul 13, 2023
Same here. Bluefox was going out of town soon and shipped the router quickly so I did not have to wait another month.

I'm glad you didn't send the AC power cable, because I have plenty of those in a box. Let the downsizing begin.

Attachments

Reactions: Samir

staticresident

Jul 13, 2023
Sorry, it was an ebay auction with only 1 listed. The seller looks like a flea market dealer not an electronics enthusiast, so will probably never have more.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
What exactly does the bypass functionality mean/do?
The NICs have relays that can permit traffic to flow between two of them when the unit is off if you want. Usually used for in-line traffic monitoring/filtering. You can toggle the functionality on/off in the UEFI settings.

Reactions: Samir and T_Minus

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
You can set the NICs to act as normal ones with no bypass functionality in the UEFI settings. At that point you can assign them however you want within the OS.

Reactions: Samir and T_Minus

Tarnish3365

Sep 6, 2023
You can set the NICs to act as normal ones with no bypass functionality in the UEFI settings. At that point you can assign them however you want within the OS.
Thank you for the tips but how do I access UEFI on this M50? I can use only serial port. Thank you!

Tarnish3365

Sep 6, 2023
This may be too much but it is always better to ask expertise. Is there a way to update or upgrade BIOS/Firmware on this system? If yes how? Thank you!

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
It is possible, however, it is generally inadvisable to upgrade unless you have a compelling reason to. Why are you wanting to do that? I don't know what BIOS version you have as you didn't buy one of these from me, but all the ones I have on hand have a newer BIOS than what is available from the manufacturer.