Found: X79 motherboard with USB3.0 and Xeon E5 v1 support (CLOSED)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
No longer looking, bought a new C602 board.
I want to buy a good working condition X79 LGA 2011 / Socket R motherboard. I'm not all that picky on the make model, but it must have:
  • USB 3.0
  • Xeon E5 v1 support (in motherboard's CPU support list)
  • Gigabit LAN
  • Multiple PCIe 4x or wider slots
  • I/O Plate
Something like an ASRock X79 Extreme6, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 / GA-X79-UD5, MSI X79A-GD45 Plus, or equivalent is what I'm after. I know these aren't cheap, but I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for one.

Let me know if have one you're willing to sell!

Last edited:

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Just an FYI. You can easily turn any of the server C602 motherboards into a workstation board. Just add a cheap 5 port PCIe USB3 card and a USB audio device. This will give you more potential boards to look at and may save you some bucks. Good luck in your search!

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Are there good deals on single processor LGA 2011 server boards? Most used ones seem to be duals and they're not that cheap (that I've seen).

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Are there good deals on single processor LGA 2011 server boards? Most used ones seem to be duals and they're not that cheap (that I've seen).
Not right now, but if you setup some eBay alerts, you can still get luckily. This just lets you cast a little be bigger net if you aren't limiting yourself only to X79 boards.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Also looking for a similar board. If OP doesn't want the board, drop me a PM. Only if OP doesn't want it. Don't want to hijack.