For Sale: H220 LSI 9205-8i Controllers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

theITmart_ak

Jul 23, 2016
Looks like I got a bad card rules out all possiblities and still is throwing errors, I have already spoke to them and they will ship out another card.
Shipped out the replacement, hopefully that resolves the issue...

This has been a pretty popular special (to those who have posted reviews, it is truly appreciated). Including outside of the special, we've sold about 60 of these cards and this has been the first defect. Just want to quell any concerns about getting a paperweight.

@Ajgoyt - thanks for being so cooperative, we'll get your FreeNAS up ASAP!

Reactions: Patrick

Ajgoyt

Apr 20, 2016
Shipped out the replacement, hopefully that resolves the issue...

This has been a pretty popular special (to those who have posted reviews, it is truly appreciated). Including outside of the special, we've sold about 60 of these cards and this has been the first defect. Just want to quell any concerns about getting a paperweight.

@Ajgoyt - thanks for being so cooperative, we'll get your FreeNAS up ASAP!
Hi back from the hospital and a little out of it.....

I appreciate the help and concerns, for a test (last night) i installed a 180 day copy of server 2012 with the MV8 and installed the drivers on the OS drive off the MB as server 2012 wasn't seeing the MV8 after install, I loaded the driver and it found the backplane and the 14 drives. I then created a storage pool and then a Virtual 2tb drive and then shared that on my network.... if feeling better tomorrow i will remove the MV8 and try the H220 card to see if it has the same issues like it did with freenas. either way i will report back on my results.

As we all know stuff happens and by no means do i want to tarnish a reputation.....

No worries - thanks AJ

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Did you flash/attempt to flash that seemingly bad one and bring it back from the dead using this gents process above?

Ajgoyt

Apr 20, 2016
Did you flash/attempt to flash that seemingly bad one and bring it back from the dead using this gents process above?
No I didn't and I suck at it if I send it to you can you try? I live in Washington State

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I have all the HBA's I need but if you are curious and want to send I could take a run at it. PM me if interested, be a shame to simply throw it away if it can be rescued.

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
Any hints on an appropriate strategy to get this card to a current firmware level. Only interested in IT mode, crossflash an LSI firmware, or track down an HP version? Should I bother? Got my card quickly, but have not yet even tested it as I don't have a spare miniSAS to SATA ATM.

jrdnlc

Jun 26, 2015
Any hints on an appropriate strategy to get this card to a current firmware level. Only interested in IT mode, crossflash an LSI firmware, or track down an HP version? Should I bother? Got my card quickly, but have not yet even tested it as I don't have a spare miniSAS to SATA ATM.
Follow @Slovak guide he posted here. If you need miniSAS to SATA cables, I have a few I can let go for cheap.