1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ES Xeon Discussion

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by britinpdx, Mar 8, 2015.

1. vabch22

vabch22 New Member

@Nova - Great thanks for the quick reply. Picked up the QHVK (luckily last one).

2. minimini

minimini New Member

I have two configurations with (OEM and ES2) and I am quite happy with both, but I am thinking of getting rid of one set: Asus Z10PE WS D8 and 2 x 2698 V4 (QHZD) and 128GB REG ECC. I was wondering if there still demand for these puppies or it's now something else popular ??

[​IMG]

3. qqq

qqq New Member

Hi everyone, new member here.
    I am looking into buying 2x E5-2683 v3 so was wandering if I should choose revision M0 (stepping 2) or R2 (stepping 2)? I intend to use it with Supermicro 7038A-i mostly for architectural visualizations/rendering.

4. tssrshot

tssrshot Member

Wow. That's amazing. What's the ballpark idea of how much you might be thinking of selling off?

5. minimini

minimini New Member

Pretty much the same amount I paid for it (add up prices from ebay)... I had an opportunity to buy almost the identical configuration thru the company and claim that as en expense, so i don't need this one. PM me. (sadly, I am in Europe, so sending it to US will have un-necessary export-import fees)

6. minimini

minimini New Member

Maybe move this post into non ES (engineering sample) thread, unless you talk about ES samples. I can't talk about V3 ESs, but V4 ESs seems to be damn good value for the money.

7. qqq

qqq New Member

Well that the part that's confusing me most as I have seen both versions mentioned and marked as QS, ES and even production (sspec SR1XH).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017 at 3:10 AM
  8. Nanotech

Nanotech Active Member

Stepping 2 is either QS or production. The production stepping is C1 (SR1XH). CPU-Z just reports it incorrectly. If you use something like HwInfo64 it will show the proper stepping. If it says ES but says Stepping 2 in the CPU-Z and the E5-2683 V3 it's a QS. If it says E5-2683 V3 in CPU-Z without ES and showing Stepping 2 it's a production processor.

That's because even QS or ES can be remarked on the heatspreader as SR1XH. The best way to verify is to use HwInfo64 and CPU-Z.

Patrick likes this.