ES Xeon Discussion

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Xeon Gold QL1M. I was wondering if it could work with the X11SPA, but any workstation oriented lga3647 would do.
Thanks!
QL1M is a well known 16 core. supported by X11 UP Family (X11SPi-TF, X11SPL-F, X11SPM-F/TF/TPF, and all other UP models)
i had this recently running on a X11SPM-F bios 2.x
update:
you should know: supermicro has removed SKL ES support from bios in rev. 3.x and up because of new cascade lake microcodes.
there is no bios 2.x available for the X11SPA because it is a very new board(2019).
some seller provide a modded bios 3.0 with SKL ES support for selected boards, you have to ask the seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: balnazzar

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
QL1M is a well known 16 core. supported by X11 UP Family (X11SPi-TF, X11SPL-F, X11SPM-F/TF/TPF, and all other UP models)
i had this recently running on a X11SPM-F bios 2.x
update:
you should know: supermicro has removed SKL ES support from bios in rev. 3.x and up because of new cascade lake microcodes.
there is no bios 2.x available for the X11SPA because it is a very new board(2019).
some seller provide a modded bios 3.0 with SKL ES support for selected boards, you have to ask the seller.
That's useful information. Thanks!

harvman5

Sep 3, 2020
Hi all,
Looking to build a new system with one of the Xeon gold cpus on Ebay. Currently I have a 2683v3 x99 system that I built four years ago. I want to use either a x11spl-f or epc621d8a motherboard. I am aware that Skylake ES2 will work with the Supermicro board with a bios downgrade. Will a skylake QS with a HO stepping work with bios over 3.0? Also will Cascade lake ES2 work with either of the motherboards listed? thanks

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Hi all,
Looking to build a new system with one of the Xeon gold cpus on Ebay. Currently I have a 2683v3 x99 system that I built four years ago. I want to use either a x11spl-f or epc621d8a motherboard. I am aware that Skylake ES2 will work with the Supermicro board with a bios downgrade. Will a skylake QS with a HO stepping work with bios over 3.0? Also will Cascade lake ES2 work with either of the motherboards listed? thanks
real QS are prod.units with only ES bit set, they are supported. if CPU-Z shows the name(brand string) of the processor, you have a QS.
Cascade lake ES2 share same cpuid with the prod. units and are supported too, of course only with bios 3.0 and up.
the supermicro x11spl supportsmax 165W TDP cpu, keep that in mind.

Reactions: balnazzar

Fray Mad

Aug 19, 2020
Madrid, España.
the X11DAi-N and X11DPi-N(T) does NOT support skylake ES processors like the QL1F.
there is a modded bios for the X11DPi-N(T) board, maybe the same can be done for the X11DAi-N
Hi, congratulations on your contributions to this forum. I see that you spend time helping and that is very valuable ....

I have the same problem with a Supermicro X11DPi-NT. In my case I need BIOS for QJW0 (CPUID 050651h) and you seem to know where to get it. Could you help me with it?

I don't have enough knowledge to modify the BIOS that I have.

I can access the BIOS update menu through IPMI, I have the key. I just need a BIOS that recognizes the QJW0.

Thanks and best regards.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I have the same problem with a Supermicro X11DPi-NT. In my case I need BIOS for QJW0 (CPUID 050651h) and you seem to know where to get it. Could you help me with it?
the available modded bios 2.0b for the X11DPi-N(T) supports SKL ES CPUID 50652. i don't know if there is support for 50651 too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fray Mad

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
If anyone knows how to mod the 3.0 bios (and if it just adding microcode) or have a modded bios from seller, please share.

Fray Mad

Aug 19, 2020
Madrid, España.
If anyone knows how to mod the 3.0 bios (and if it just adding microcode) or have a modded bios from seller, please share.
If you mean MB X11DPi-NT with QJW0 , when I get a working BIOS, I'll put it here or wherever the moderator says. I won't be able to test it until this weekend.

Fray Mad

Aug 19, 2020
Madrid, España.
Hi, I tried to test the X11DPi-NT board, with CPUS QJW0 and memory, and it was a failure.

The problem is with the MB, which does not turn on.

When connecting the power supply, the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) Heartbeat LED flashes normally and the board can be accessed via IPMI without issue.

But the onboard power LED that should light up when the power cord is plugged in, doesn't light. This LED indicates that the system is powered and should be green before turn on the MB whit de buton.

I have checked all the jumpers and they are in the correct position.

I connected the power supply to another gigabyte MD and if it turns on the System Power LED.

I follow testing with power supply, but afraid the problem is with the motherboard and I will have to return it if the seller wants, because it is from eBay ...... A disaster.

If you have any ideas, it is welcome.

Sorry for not being able to test the two BIOS I had for the Xeon QJW0, hopefully I'll try it sometime

Greetings.