Dell R730XD Intel DC S3710 MLC 400GB SSD 2.5 6Gb/s SATA III Wrnty AUG 2020

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Yeah but now there is not internal shipping option. Only US :(
You could sign up with a freight forwarding company like 'shipito' or 'myusa' and get a USA address and ship from there.

Sometimes shipping rates are cheaper than EBay especially if you combine multiple shipments or pack multiple buys in one box (if outer box is not too huge).

Only problem I can see is with electrostatic damage during handling.
If you want freight damage insurance then a photograph will need to be taken of goods to show goods in good condition.

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Received 2. Warranty exp July/2020 and Aug/2020

One was hotspare or something according to stats.. They are definitely "like new"..

Heh... Reading how reliable they are - I put them in a stripe on Windows 2012 Hyper-V host... Getting 960/870 read/write speeds on this stripe and one big volume. I guess I'm happy :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatexal

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Yes, same seller. No, not antistatis bags, they were individually wrapped in very well sealed bubble wrap and then the box was additionally filled with bubble wrap so they were snugly secured. I have a picture of the packaging - if anyone is interested I can upload it.
Hi @HomeLabber & @Patrick. Out of curiosity, was drive wrapped by 'pink' bubble wrap, which could be antistatic protective (according to people receiving motherboards from Natex).

If you care to upload pictures of packing, that would be cool. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks Patrick for your feedback!

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Boddy no it was not. They had ample cushion for transit but did not have ESD protection en route.

Reactions: Boddy

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
@nephri it's not that you loose your money, you just get to play with awesome 'newer' technology
....longer, harder, faster, stronger! (as the song goes).

(I been on this site for 3 yrs now and look how ripped I become...lol.)

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
@nephri it's not that you loose your money, you just get to play with awesome 'newer' technology
....longer, harder, faster, stronger! (as the song goes).

(I been on this site for 3 yrs now and look how ripped I become...lol.)
what's your cycle/stack?

HomeLabber

Dec 13, 2015
Hi @HomeLabber & @Patrick. Out of curiosity, was drive wrapped by 'pink' bubble wrap, which could be antistatic protective (according to people receiving motherboards from Natex).

If you care to upload pictures of packing, that would be cool. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks Patrick for your feedback!
Patrick already answered you, but I can concur on the packaging. Apologies for dropping the ball on uploading the pictures. I actually made 2 orders - the first was for 10 drives, which were all individually wrapped in bubble wrap with additional bubble wrap in the box. My second order was for 2 drives, which shipped with a significantly larger box and the highest bubble-wrap-to-merchandise ratio of any package I have ever received.

Reactions: pgh5278

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
i tried first with a low ball offer to 120$ and after few offers/counter-offers with the seller, we found a deal to 165$

Robert Q

Jan 20, 2016
For those who are still interested this listing might be of interest...

SSDSC2BA400G4 INTEL DC S3710 SERIES 400GB 6GBPS SATA 2.5'' SOLID STATE DRIVE

Price is down to $160 or BO. More than 10 available. However, I don't see any indication of usage and not sure most recent version, but worth checking out. Oh, and I forgot, I did not see any indication of a warranty, perhaps one of the reasons for a lower price.

If the price is low enough (and they have a good amount of life left), in effect you can self warranty by getting one or two more.

Last edited:

Flintstone

Jun 11, 2016
2 @ $120 was auto-denied. Tried $131 and the offer is atleast submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
For those who are still interested this listing might be of interest...

SSDSC2BA400G4 INTEL DC S3710 SERIES 400GB 6GBPS SATA 2.5'' SOLID STATE DRIVE

Price is down to $160 or BO. More than 10 available. However, I don't see any indication of usage and not sure most recent version, but worth checking out. Oh, and I forgot, I did not see any indication of a warranty, perhaps one of the reasons for a lower price.

If the price is low enough (and they have a good amount of life left), in effect you can self warranty by getting one or two more.
Great find. 20 remaining.

Flintstone

Jun 11, 2016
Got offered 2 for $150 each after declining my $131 offer, but I am really unsure about the state of these. Anyone bought & received from this lot?