Dell R730XD Intel DC S3710 MLC 400GB SSD 2.5 6Gb/s SATA III Wrnty AUG 2020

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I don't think you can claim warranty on the drives themselves. You need to be the owner of the actual chassis they were shipped with and make the warranty claim against the server.

Reactions: aero

cookiesowns

Feb 12, 2016
Interesting. Could these be the same drives as my seller ?

Wish these popped up sooner would have made purchasing much easier. Nice find OP!

Edit: interesting tons of these drives are popping up over eBay with the Dell caddies. I have an itching suspicion they could all be from the same lot just being resold by a variety of sellers. Pricing is all about the same too.

Well Fack: After doing some more detective work, it appears that these drives are from the same lot.

Many of the sellers have the ISN ( serial number ) just a few digits apart, so it seems like they are all from the same batch. One of them was just 1 digit apart. so... yeah...

Guess I got gypped by myseller, oh well, shit happens, seller is cherry picking drives with low writes for me.

Offered 33x @ $149, seller countered with $165 on OP. My seller was $200 for 18.

Emailed seller asking, we'll see what happens. It would have been good to save roughly $540, and get some free Dell trays in the process.. but I digress. ( 18 drives )

Last edited:

aero

Apr 27, 2016
I don't think you can claim warranty on the drives themselves. You need to be the owner of the actual chassis they were shipped with and make the warranty claim against the server.
I believe this to be true as well; at least that's been my experience dealing with dell warranty, which I do every week. A system and its parts are covered. The parts are under the umbrella of the server though, not individual.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
@Patrick, you should work a deal with the seller. STH seems to have the Midas touch, everything posted through the forum (let alone the main site!) will move the volume. We would love to see any purchase from us helps to contribute even just a little back to the STH's operation.
I think if you use the links in the forums (e.g. above) the skimlinks gives like 1-2% commission.

OP - great find. You're going to get a lot of likes today.

Rain

May 13, 2013
ISN in the screenshot checks out on the Intel Warranty Center. Unless Intel operates differently than most of the HDD manufacturers (which will say "OEM" or "Part of System" for Dell drives), they should honor it!

Reactions: MiniKnight

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
Asked about x100, he said $150 is rock-bottom. That someone just bought x200 at that price.

Not seeing that sale.

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
Wondering does the seller sell the R730xd as well, perhaps buying it at the cheap side and getting the warranty for both hdd and server.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
@Patrick, you should work a deal with the seller. STH seems to have the Midas touch, everything posted through the forum (let alone the main site!) will move the volume. We would love to see any purchase from us helps to contribute even just a little back to the STH's operation.
Remember not to mention this thread! We have price recon here now.
As @MiniKnight said... do NOT under any circumstance alert sellers to buyers collaborating/sharing info on purchases. This has ruined many deals in the past... and the huge influx of offers, etc, is already driving/keeping the price more 'solid'. Not that 150$ isn't a great deal already, but wouldn't surprise some of us to see it jump to 175 'hard' price, etc... based on passed attempts by people trying to 'deal' no behalf of other people/forum users.

Worry about yourself, and don't ruin deals for everyone.

Wish I had the need and funds to grab 50 of these!!

Reactions: Sleyk

cookiesowns

Feb 12, 2016
Great job guys, Just a bit salty with my original deal. If only I waited 2-3 more days.

Let me know what the write cycles are on your drives, mine gets in on Monday.