CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

efahl

Oct 17, 2022
US California
it shows as shipped on the 15th
Be aware that the vendors often play games with the "shipped" date to keep AE off their back, and they might not actually ship for a few more weeks. I'm not sure if CWWK falls into this category, but there are documented cases of Topton (and Hunsn?) playing these games.

Reactions: Stovar

buz

Nov 5, 2023
Usually easy to spot though - if tracking is not updated fishy stuff is going on.

Have had that about two or three times in literally hundreds of Ali orders over the years.

Between that and occasionally wrong deliveries / DoA I always got my money back.

Rene2322

Sep 18, 2023
I recently ordered a Hunsn RJ39 from Amazon. This was shipped quite quickly afterwards, but has now been sitting at customs in Belgium for several days (since the 14th, clearance delay). Hopefully it will be delivered quickly (the Netherlands) and the extra costs (import tax?) will not be too bad.

Last edited:

mjtimmer

Sep 21, 2023
I recently ordered a Hunsn RJ39 from Amazon. This was shipped quite quickly afterwards, but has now been sitting at customs in Belgium for several days (since the 14th, clearance delay). Hopefully it will be delivered quickly (the Netherlands) and the extra costs (import tax?) will not be too bad.
So did I, ordered the rj36 from hunsn eu via amazon, was sent pretty quickly from china, but was stuck in Belgium for almost a week or so before continuing on to NL. I had no issues with having to pay customs fee or anything, and you should not have to either when you have ordered from amazon.nl or any other EU webshop. Also, I beleive Hunsn eu amazon store states that they will reimburse you for customs fees should you be charged these anyway…

Reactions: Rene2322 and Stovar

saperruner

Nov 17, 2023

mjtimmer

Sep 21, 2023
Be aware that the vendors often play games with the "shipped" date to keep AE off their back, and they might not actually ship for a few more weeks. I'm not sure if CWWK falls into this category, but there are documented cases of Topton (and Hunsn?) playing these games.
You might be right, the x86p5 i ordered was updated to “shipped” very quickly, only looking at the tracking info in the ali app, it looks like their definition of “shipped” is that they “shipped” the work order to the warehouse to collect my order or something like that… ugh :(
IMG_0775.jpeg

splifingate

Oct 7, 2023
Can anyone tell me why You put 48GB ram in n100/n305? What container use so much memory?
In my case, it only made sense seeing that there is only one RAM slot . . . I took a (personal) bet on the Crucial, and it was accepted by the Unit.

USD145 shipped for free to my postal box.

As for what one can avail oneself of such memory un-constraints, that is yet to be determined. It's my hope to have multiple containers/instances comfortably sharing space.

If 64GB DIMMs were available, I would have tried that *shrugs*

I can easily tap 96GB on a regular workstation. If I can find advantage in 48, that's (basically) a + ;)

karoiz

Nov 1, 2023
The parcel arrived from Topton, there are also USB 3 ;) I don't know yet if it works because I'm still waiting for the KF548S38IB-32 memory. Looks promising ;) Full cost with shipping and duty $166.

The USB ports are not blue but red in my device.

Attachments

mjtimmer

Sep 21, 2023
The parcel arrived from Topton, there are also USB 3 ;) I don't know yet if it works because I'm still waiting for the KF548S38IB-32 memory. Looks promising ;) Full cost with shipping and duty $166.

The USB ports are not blue but red in my device.
Can you tell us what model number is written on the sticker that’s partially under the nvme expansion board? (You probably need to remove the board to fully see it)
20231121_161350 normaal.jpeg

mack

Jul 17, 2022
Can you tell us what model number is written on the sticker that’s partially under the nvme expansion board? (You probably need to remove the board to fully see it)
View attachment 32851
I got the same one. Under board on sticker is CW-AL-4L-v2.0. Topton claims that the 1-4 adapter doesn't work on it. I ordered the adapter separately. I'll check but I haven't had time to change the BIOS

mjtimmer

Sep 21, 2023
I got the same one. Under board on sticker is CW-AL-4L-v2.0. Topton claims that the 1-4 adapter doesn't work on it. I ordered the adapter separately. I'll check but I haven't had time to change the BIOS
Thnx!
I recently ordered a Hunsn RJ36 N305, and they notified me that since that specific one was out of stock, they offered a replacement, with the only difference would be the addition of 2 front USB3 ports. Turns out the model number on the inside of mine is also “CW-AL-4L v2.0”, but on mine, the two additional front usb3 ports are blue.
IMG_0780.jpeg

greenkiwi

Nov 12, 2023
Usually easy to spot though - if tracking is not updated fishy stuff is going on.

Have had that about two or three times in literally hundreds of Ali orders over the years.

Between that and occasionally wrong deliveries / DoA I always got my money back.
Yup.

My memory and SSD went immediately to shipping... but there have been no updates for 5 days. I guess I don't really care as long as it arrives before the 8th of Dec.

Is it weird for a seller to no read messages?

mjtimmer

Sep 21, 2023
It finally says it's actually gone somewhere... :cool:
Mine too! It says “departed from sorting center” since six hours ago.
The next hurdle is it sitting in export in china for a few days, and then if your unlucky, in import customs for a week or so…
The only reason why i’m buying this stuff from ali is because it’s just not for sale in europe (yes, hunsn eu, but that still dropships from China anyway).
Then again, I recently ordered a Mikrotik CRS310 2.5Gb switch from a Latvian retailer (could not find any local resellers) and that took almost two weeks to get to NL as wel…

therobin

Aug 9, 2023
Can someone give me advise on converting a baremetal opnsense installation to a proxmox installation?

I currently run opnsense baremetal on my N100 and I am beginning to think this was a mistake. I am having problems with ntopng after an update and I am thinking if I could easily roll back with proxmox this wouldn't give me an issue. Also I want to run home assistant on the N100 as well.

If I install proxmox, then install opnsense into proxmox, could I just pass all the ethernet adapters to opnsense then restore my configure and it will work? Or will it be more involving then that?

Can I virutally pass proxmox and home assistant to opnsense as a virtual network adapter?

Reactions: greenkiwi

mjtimmer

Sep 21, 2023
Can someone give me advise on converting a baremetal opnsense installation to a proxmox installation?

I currently run opnsense baremetal on my N100 and I am beginning to think this was a mistake. I am having problems with ntopng after an update and I am thinking if I could easily roll back with proxmox this wouldn't give me an issue. Also I want to run home assistant on the N100 as well.

If I install proxmox, then install opnsense into proxmox, could I just pass all the ethernet adapters to opnsense then restore my configure and it will work? Or will it be more involving then that?

Can I virutally pass proxmox and home assistant to opnsense as a virtual network adapter?
I did the exact same thing a while ago, what i ended up doing was create network bridges in proxmox (one for each nic that’s in use) and just create virtio nics for the opnsense, hass and other vm’s. You can pass-through the entire nic to a vm, it will give you access to hw offloading features of the network chip, but at the same time it will be reserved for that vm only. I have not yet experienced any disadvantage in using the bridged/virtio approach, able to reach full gigabit speed through opnsense this way.
Probably the easiest way of getting your opnsense config on a vm is installing a fresh opnsense in the vm and then restore the config. Keep in mind that the interface naming in your vm is likely to be different, so interface mapping and firewall rules need to be adjusted for that, here’s a link that will point you in the right direction for that:
Renaming interfaces on HA failover machine after reboot