CWWK 6 Port Router Intel U300/i3-1315U/i5-1335U/i7-1355U

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Quemart

Dec 13, 2023
I took the easy route and installed an 80x80x10mm fan on the inside using a y-splitter to the cpu fan header. It seems to have dropped the temps a little, and has kept them down, so that will do for now. A 15mm fan would be a real close fit, if not touching the top ram. I did have to bore out the power button hole though, it wasn't lined up right and kept jamming the button.

I dumped all the info I could from the system, but I couldn't pick out anything that said what version PCIe it was. I have a 2tb Samsung 970 evo plus that's Gen 3.0 x4 that I'll test tomorrow if I have a chance, and I'll post the speeds here.

Quemart

Dec 13, 2023
I ran these speed tests (3x each) today with my Samsung 970 Evo Plus
and got these average results:
Timing buffered disk reads: 7994 MB in 3.00 seconds = 2664.31 MB/sec
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/mnt/temp oflag=direct bs=128k count=32k
32768+0 records in
32768+0 records out
4294967296 bytes (4.3 GB, 4.0 GiB) copied, 2.91419 s, 1.5 GB/s
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: these readings were taken on the primary NVME port. When I added the adapter to allow two NVME's, and moved it to the 2nd port, the read speed were the same, but the write speeds dropped to 750 MB/sec.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBMe and Stereodude

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
32768+0 records in
32768+0 records out

Note: these readings were taken on the primary NVME port. When I added the adapter to allow two NVME's, and moved it to the 2nd port, the read speed were the same, but the write speeds dropped to 750 MB/sec.
Those seem about like the expected results for a Gen 3.0 device with 4 lanes and then 1 lane respectively.

zuikllc

Feb 16, 2021
Arizona
There is a "HUNSN Micro Firewall Appliance, Mini PC, VPN, Router PC, Intel Core I7 1355U" on amazon with 4 ports and says ddr5, but the price is higher than this 6-port one. I noticed a HUNSN version of this 6-port one, also higher price than this CWWK version, both are identical. I could not find a CWWK 4-port version of the HUNSN, but suspect the HUNSN is a CWWK rebrand also?

What is the chance that any of these have backdoors built into the firmware? Would a PCAP show any such activity?

Mike9474593

Aug 5, 2022
There is a "HUNSN Micro Firewall Appliance, Mini PC, VPN, Router PC, Intel Core I7 1355U" on amazon with 4 ports and says ddr5, but the price is higher than this 6-port one. I noticed a HUNSN version of this 6-port one, also higher price than this CWWK version, both are identical. I could not find a CWWK 4-port version of the HUNSN, but suspect the HUNSN is a CWWK rebrand also?
This? The device is most likely just the 4+2 or 4+4 version without the add-on board (this device on cwwk.net).
Four of the 2.5G ports are on board. The second / lower row with either 2x 10G or another 4x 2.5G is a add on card over a PCIe 3.0 4x (mechanical a 8x) slot. Just remove the card and change the front plate and you are done.
And the pix are photoshopped in a cheap way, the LED of the 10G version are still there...

Reactions: blunden

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I'm not super excited. I ordered the i3-1315U version of this chassis from CWWK via AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805956288580.html

But they sent me an i3-1315U powered CWWK branded version of this: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806426087049.html

The BIOS by default lets the system sit indefinitely at the 55W TDP which is way too much power for the fanless chassis to keep the CPU cool. I saw 90C temps after 45minutes of Memtest86 (simultaneous multi-core). A power meter says it's using ~50W from the wall. Pointing a ~120mm portable fan at the chassis had the temps down to 35C in about 5 minutes.

Edit: I had the chassis apart during the initial test and on its side. It came with a 10mm thick 80mm fan in the bottom cavity that was not installed/connected during my initial temp report. I put the chassis all back together with the fan and reran a 4 pass Memtest86 (10.7) stress test overnight with it on its feet and the heatsink facing up. The reported temps were: 39C/76C/65C (min/max/avg) in a 22C room. Now I'm curious if the internal fan in the bottom cavity helped or the orientation change. Time for more testing.

--End Edit--

Of course the whole reason that I wanted the chassis I ordered was to have proper cooling for the CPU. I guess I will contact them and complain. :confused:

Update: I contacted them through AliExpress. They offered me either a $30 refund or to send me a replacement chassis. I asked for the replacement chassis with the blower fan and a tracking number.
Screenshot_20240329-094709~2.png

Last edited:

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Some power consumption numbers on the i3-1315U fanless (CPU) chassis (motherboard is the same in the blower fan chassis and the mostly passive). All numbers are at the wall using the included Dajing 12V 8A power supply.
  • 6.5W when turned off (I figured this was the power supply's fault, but unplugging the system from the power supply dropped the consumption to 0.4W)
  • 16.3W idle in the AMI BIOS
  • 14.3W at the desktop in Kubuntu 23.10 (live USB)

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I had the chassis apart during the initial test and on its side. It came with a 10mm thick 80mm fan in the bottom cavity that was not installed/connected during my initial temp report. I put the chassis all back together with the fan and reran a 4 pass Memtest86 (10.7) stress test overnight with it on its feet and the heatsink facing up. The reported temps were: 39C/76C/65C (min/max/avg) in a 22C room. Now I'm curious if the internal fan in the bottom cavity helped or the orientation change. Time for more testing.
It was the fan despite being on the bottom of the PCB it helps lower the CPU temps. I unplugged the fan and removed it and re-ran the same 4 pass Memtest86 (10.7) stress test. The temps were 61C/92C/80C (min/max/avg). The min isn't really relevant to compare as it's just how warm the system is when the test starts. The internal fan blowing out the bottom of the case/chassis lowered the temps by 16C max and 15C avg. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Whatever

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
32768+0 records in
32768+0 records out

I put a 1TB Crucial T500 in my i3-1315U CWWK 6 port and put on Windows 11 for testing purposes. It definitely has 4 PCIe gen 4 lanes to the main M.2 NVMe slot.

CrystalDiskInfo_20240330131321_CWWK_T500_1TB.png

CrystalDiskMark_20240330131402_CWWK_T500_1TB.png

The system also seem to have a valid Windows 11 Pro key stored in the BIOS as I never gave it a key during installation, but Windows 11 is happy and activated as Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBMe

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
It was the fan despite being on the bottom of the PCB it helps lower the CPU temps. I unplugged the fan and removed it and re-ran the same 4 pass Memtest86 (10.7) stress test. The temps were 61C/92C/80C (min/max/avg). The min isn't really relevant to compare as it's just how warm the system is when the test starts. The internal fan blowing out the bottom of the case/chassis lowered the temps by 16C max and 15C avg. :oops:
The internal fan is not adequate to cool the system with the TDP set to 50W in the BIOS (as CWWK ships it) if you stress test it. Looping Cinebench r23 multicore as a stress test led to thermal throttling in 20-25 minutes when the P-cores hit 100C. The E-cores were only a few C behind them.

FWIW, it gets a Cinebench r23 multicore score of 7319 and a single core score of 1436 with the TDP set to 50W.

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
I finally got a chance to login to the device. I lost my Logitech Unifying Receiver even though looked for it 3 different times over 3 weeks. Ordered a new one but had to use Win 11 to sync it to the my K830 keyboard ( why don’t they still make these !!). Need to pick up a cheep USB Inland KB/mouse next time go to Micro Center.

The pic is from my BIOS. It has only run for like 19 minutes so the Noctua hasn’t fully set in so I assume it will get better.
So Not a real test, but at least Finally got it going. I did have to move around my Samsung Bar Plus 256GB with Ventoy and Logitech Unifying Receiver as it seemed very slow. Once rebooted and moved devices around it was fast and responsive. Do not know if that was a fluke or not.

Sending from lockdown mode iPhone so can not see icons above ( All blank squares ). So may need to try to upload pics and edit like 5-7 times. Just in case don’t have time to get to laptop or device later on. May just forget but put WD SN850X 2TB I have in there. Want to do a test still.
Those Crucial T500 are Great NVMe’s. They are supposed to come out with a 4TB version, but they said that 3 months ago, so don’t really know anymore.

I do have that Artic 120mm fan installed on the bottom with feet ( Beeveer 32 pcs, 3 different sizes, cone shaped ) so it can get a good amount of fresh air. It was a huge PITA. Have a second splitter for another fan on the top if I wanted, but right now that Artic 120mm would just slide off. I do have a Coolerguys Anti-Vibration gasket I bought. Could just use my glue gun to hold it, could even touch it up with black paint... That aluminum is Strong and Thick ! Wow !

I have turned it on before to make sure it worked. Also, after I installed RAM to see on the screen, just couldn’t do anything without KB. So this was 1st time Interacting.

IMG_7417.jpeg

Last edited:

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Update: I contacted them through AliExpress. They offered me either a $30 refund or to send me a replacement chassis. I asked for the replacement chassis with the blower fan and a tracking number.
View attachment 35666
So far they seem to be stalling. They haven't shipped it yet or provided a tracking number. I will involve AliExpress before I run out buyer protection, but I will give them a bit more time.

Edit: They said it is a holiday in China and they will ship it in about 3 days.

Last edited:

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
Ok I am running Ventoy with 2023 version of Parted Magic. Planning on buying the non subscription $15 option as it’s a great piece of software. So after some quick research, this is what I came up with.

My WD SD850X 2TB is installed and has old Debian but can’t remember Pswd, was going to reformat anyways.
I also have that NVMe splitter installed right now, obviously I put it in the faster slot. The other slot I‘m sure is only x1.

I might try to see if Windows 11 key is in-beded in BIOS.

So don’t know if using Ventoy and doing these speed tests makes a difference or not. I would assume it would some for sure. I could not run the read speeds above
# dd if =/dev/zero of=/tmp/mnt/temp……

So had to follow this:

IMG_7425.jpeg

IMG_7431.jpeg

So the Read is 4,231 MB/ s I assume from this.

The Write is 5 GB/ s or 5,000 MB/ s. Does anyone know why it doesn’t just show MB/s and be consistent?

So it IS a PCIe 4.0 version. 3.0 tops out at 3,500 MB/s from my understanding.

Decided to let it run for awhile and see what the temps did. I did turn _up_ the fans a little bit. I did add the top fan, it is not stable in any way, but it did make the top of it cooler to the touch I noticed. So I am going to make it work somehow.

I went into Psensor and noticed what the things were and changed the names to what I knew they were for sure. As of right now, the NVMe is at 35 C and been there for the last hour.

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
Ok decided to do a clean install of Win 11 Pro. Thankfully had CrystalDiskMark on Ventoy USB already.
I did choose the NVMe SSD in Settings though.

Without a Doubt PCIe 4.0 x 4 verified by numerous people.
Shocking they got this wrong as it is a Huge selling point for 2x the speed.

If I remember I’ll try to run your same matching 3 and 8 GB. Assume that will take a lot longer.

Much, much better results.

IMG_7434.jpeg

Reactions: Stereodude

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Decided to let it run for awhile and see what the temps did. I did turn _up_ the fans a little bit. I did add the top fan, it is not stable in any way, but it did make the top of it cooler to the touch I noticed. So I am going to make it work somehow.
You also have the mostly passive enclosure with the heatpipe that uses the case to cool the CPU?

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
So far they seem to be stalling. They haven't shipped it yet or provided a tracking number. I will involve AliExpress before I run out buyer protection, but I will give them a bit more time.

Edit: They said it is a holiday in China and they will ship it in about 3 days.
I followed up with them today and they gave me a tracking number. It checks out as being for a ~1kg package being shipped to the correct city/zip code in the US for me and the package is moving in China. I'm not 100% sure where the blower fan will plug in, or if it plugs in instead of the 10mm thick 80mm fan on the bottom or what, but I guess I will find out soon enough.

wallsy77

Mar 28, 2024
I have recently taken delivery of a HUNSN RJ49-1335U-00 via Amazon due to vendors on AliExpress continuously accepting orders then near delivery deadline cancelling and refunding. Is it a 6 port i226 i5-1335U device and have read through the thread but with different models of CPU mentioned and from what I can review the mention of the model of the motherboard is not described (apologies upfront), The one I have is a CW-MBX-AD13-5-AL23350012...(it's well hidden). I'm just looking for information regarding the memory supported (I know the CPU supports DDR5, but RAM will be dependent on the systemboard used and what RAM that supports. I am also curious about the M2 slots on the board as I can see 2 x M2 slots and have read in this thread that deploying 2 x M2 SSD's drops the throughput down to x1 but this was reported as PCE 3 on a different CPU. In a few words, I am looking to buy the right RAM and SSD for the job at hand. This may be a proxmon VE device or a base level pfsense or opsense device. Thoughts and comments are welcome....

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I have recently taken delivery of a HUNSN RJ49-1335U-00 via Amazon due to vendors on AliExpress continuously accepting orders then near delivery deadline cancelling and refunding. Is it a 6 port i226 i5-1335U device and have read through the thread but with different models of CPU mentioned and from what I can review the mention of the model of the motherboard is not described (apologies upfront), The one I have is a CW-MBX-AD13-5-AL23350012...(it's well hidden). I'm just looking for information regarding the memory supported (I know the CPU supports DDR5, but RAM will be dependent on the systemboard used and what RAM that supports. I am also curious about the M2 slots on the board as I can see 2 x M2 slots and have read in this thread that deploying 2 x M2 SSD's drops the throughput down to x1 but this was reported as PCE 3 on a different CPU. In a few words, I am looking to buy the right RAM and SSD for the job at hand. This may be a proxmon VE device or a base level pfsense or opsense device. Thoughts and comments are welcome....
I bought just about the cheapest 3200MHz DDR4 16 gig SODIMM kit (2x8gb) I could find at Newegg by G.skill. Works fine and passes all the Memtest86+ tests.

I went with a 1TB Crucial T500 SSD because it's got Gen 4 performance (since there's 4x gen 4 PCIe lanes to the main M.2 slot), but the T500 also very power efficient. It's way bigger than I need for a router, but the smaller SSD sizes aren't much cheaper and they tend to lose performance.

AFAIK, the main M.2 slot is 4 lanes, but the 2nd M.2 slot is only 1 lane.

Reactions: SBMe and wallsy77

wallsy77

Mar 28, 2024
Thanks for the reply. Picked up a T500 1Tb as they had a deal on them. Got some Crucial DIMM's that are large enough to let me play between dedicated pfSense / OpnSense or Proxmox with the above.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I followed up with them today and they gave me a tracking number. It checks out as being for a ~1kg package being shipped to the correct city/zip code in the US for me and the package is moving in China. I'm not 100% sure where the blower fan will plug in, or if it plugs in instead of the 10mm thick 80mm fan on the bottom or what, but I guess I will find out soon enough.
I got the blower fan enclosure today. It's quite underwhelming. It was a bit finicky to assemble. The fan is quite noisy and it doesn't perform very well. I was quite careful in my pasting of it with Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut. It thermal throttles even faster than the passive enclosure (with the 80mm / 10mm thick fan running in the bottom). At least in the passive enclosure you can put an external fan blowing over the enclosure and keep it in the low to mid 80's. :(