CWWK 6 Port Router Intel U300/i3-1315U/i5-1335U/i7-1355U

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Thorror

Sep 16, 2022
It seems CWWK sells a new 6 Port Router with Intel 13 Generation CPUs
They say it is fanless in the neadline but in the description the fan is actually mentioned

From the product page:
Double copper tube turbine active radiator
RAM DDR4 up to 64 GB
Hard drive: 1*M.2 NVMe x4 2*SATA (non-standard 12pin 2.5-inch interface) + NVMe hard drive through adapter board

U300/i3-1315U

i5-1335U/i7-1355U

front.png

back.png

fan.png

exhaust.png

Reactions: Patrick

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
It seems CWWK sells a new 6 Port Router with Intel 13 Generation CPUs
They say it is fanless in the neadline but in the description the fan is actually mentioned

From the product page:
Double copper tube turbine active radiator
RAM DDR4 up to 64 GB
Hard drive: 1*M.2 NVMe x4 2*SATA (non-standard 12pin 2.5-inch interface) + NVMe hard drive through adapter board

U300/i3-1315U

i5-1335U/i7-1355U

View attachment 32591

View attachment 32592

View attachment 32589

View attachment 32590
Vediotalk made an introduction video for it:

But I found there were so many criticizing comments on this new product dated 5-6 days ago when the video was posted, and all are non-constructive.

And probably their is nothing new on its motherboard design but the active heat ventilation. This is CWWK's 2nd intel CPU mini PC with always running notebook-like active fan.

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
Hello I just received the i5-1335u variant.
It well support ddr4 3200mhz that installed and has a pci-e 4.0 ssd speeds (6900 Mbps read speed on my samsung 980 pro ).
I will report on cpu testing after a reapply thermal paste, and verify the mounting pressure (even though temps look alright for the cinnebench test I did)

One downside though, it doesn't have an additionl fan header for a bottom fan. Can someone guide me on how to connect a 4 pin fan to the USB or COM header please ?

clueless22

Nov 16, 2023
I am kind of interested by this unit, so people's who received it, please post a mini review or at least what are your thoughts about it.
Anyway my first question is about the ram limitation
it should support ddr5 according to Intel?

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
I am kind of interested by this unit, so people's who received it, please post a mini review or at least what are your thoughts about it.
Anyway my first question is about the ram limitation
it should support ddr5 according to Intel?
I will once I receive the bottom fan.
Regarding DDR5. I didn't try beceause I assume the motherbord only supports DDR4 3200mhz (based on website) . But I might be wrong. Someone else might be able to test that...

What'ss refreshing are the ssd speeds.

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
Hello I just received the i5-1335u variant.
It well support ddr4 3200mhz that installed and has a PCI-e 4.0 SSD speeds (6900 Mbps Read speed on my Samsung 980 pro ).
I will report on CPU testing after a reapply thermal paste, and verify the mounting pressure (even though temps look alright for the Cinebench test I did)

One downside though, it doesn't have an additional fan header for a bottom fan. Can someone guide me on how to connect a 4 pin fan to the USB or COM header please ?
That's very interesting. On both of the links above on CWWK.net website it says both models only support PCIe 3.0:
M.2 M Key PCle 3.0 x4 signal supports 2280 specification hard drive

That is great news that it actually supports PCIe 4.0!!
I'm wondering now if it supports DDR5 now too. I'm kind of thinking that it does. They have been using older tech for awhile and didn't know for sure and didn't test it? The DDR5 doesn't make sense since 12th Gen N100 and N305 also supports DDR5 and they sell those and advertise as such.

I am thinking of getting the CWWK i3-1315U one. I made a spreadsheet of other micro firewall models and brands and if they supported PCIe 3.0, PCIe 4.0 and what RAM was supported. Ran the CPU comparisons using CPU-Money & NanoReviews which helped what RAM was supported by the CPU along with benchmarks...

This Supporting PCIe 4.0 moves this to the TOP !!! Well the cheaper first one.
I just fully compared both products side by side: Product Feature & Product parameters are Exactly the same. So this gives me hope that getting the cheaper i3-1315U will suffice. Even though the i5 is a major upgrade over the i3 and probably the best one you can get if also being used as a firewall. If I ever get around to changing out my laptop memory for more DDR5 then I'll have spare DDR5 and I can test it out if I get this one ( 95% leaning towards this one, even though will take awhile ).

clueless22

Nov 16, 2023
Well I got the I3 but the slots for the ram are just DDR4. Now just to test it I installed Debian from USB to the NVMe WD black 2Gig but although it is listed in bios Ami 2.22.1288 it is not listed in boot menu ?

Reactions: SBMe

clueless22

Nov 16, 2023
My mistake I did not pick the right option in Debian installer it should be UEFI now I was able to see the M2 and boot from it.:)

Reactions: SBMe

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
Well I got the I3 but the slots for the ram are just DDR4. Now just to test it I installed Debian from USB to the NVMe WD black 2Gig but although it is listed in bios Ami 2.22.1288 it is not listed in boot menu ?
Indeed there is ddr4 written on the slots. But if you have some ddr5 could you do a test ?

clueless22

Nov 16, 2023
Yes I got a pair of of ddR5
But the notch in the slot is for DDR4 so no way they fit altough CVWk told me DDR5 is supported

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
Did you find any way to connect a bottom fan ?
I have a pwm fan, but I don't know how to make it work

clueless22

Nov 16, 2023
I think the best way is to connect it to the original fan wires in parallel, since we do not have the schematic for the gpio header, but it might not be useful except for the M2 since the CPU is on top of the motherboard.
And the rest underneath

Last edited:

tran1981

Mar 29, 2023
Can you use something like this with the SATA adapter? https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-4-Pin-Sleeved-Power-Adapter/dp/B0BNJZ95CD?th=1 I received two of SSD/SATA leads/connectors in the box. I don't have the need for SSD(s) yet. I hook them up so I wouldn't lose them later.

I have received i3-1315U version this week and got it up running with 1tb 980pro and 16gb DDR4-3200 memory. I'm using it for Proxmox/OPNsense (so far added ZenArmor+Adguard Home). I turned off Turbo Boost/Performance mode in Bios and turned on Adaptive mode in OPNsense. The box runs cool and I don't think I'll need to add bottom fan.

Last edited: