CWWK 6 Port Router Intel U300/i3-1315U/i5-1335U/i7-1355U

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
- Download the bios for the 12th gen i5. In the site page 畅网官方网盘
- burn the iso via Rufus (or an alternative software) into a usb.
- browse the usb content
-Replace the files in the folder with the new ones.
Go to the .nsh file already present in the iso folder, open it and change the the path to the new 6067014_CW_LOGO.BIN name (instead of the old you replaced). If I remember there are 2 .nsh files, one when you open the usb, and the other when you go in the bin subfolder, change the path in both of them .
You're set.

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
Can I ask for a favour please. Cwwk always provides us with bios that doesn't support speed shift even though the cpu supports it.
I already asked him and he did not yet answer me. Could you ask him too to provide you with a bios supporting it please ?
Hopefully with many request, he will answer...

Raptcha

Dec 5, 2023
Can I ask for a favour please. Cwwk always provides us with bios that doesn't support speed shift even though the cpu supports it.
I already asked him and he did not yet answer me. Could you ask him too to provide you with a bios supporting it please ?
Sure, will check with them and let you know if they answer

Raptcha

Dec 5, 2023
- browse the usb content
Go to the .nsh file already present in the iso folder, open it and change the the path to the new 6067014_CW_LOGO.BIN name (instead of the old you replaced). If I remember there are 2 .nsh files, one when you open the usb, and the other when you go in the bin subfolder, change the path in both of them .
You're set.
For some reason, that site is not working for me anymore. I tried accessing it from different devices and different networks. If I try to open the BIOS folder, it shows the below error
1702983657409.png

Also, once I ready the usb stick, how do I go about actually flashing it? Does the BIOS have a flash tool? Or should I use the EFI shell? If its EFI Shell, what commands do I need to execute?

Raptcha

Dec 5, 2023
1702984648858.png
1702984659885.png

Reactions: SBMe and Richard_10

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
For some reason, that site is not working for me anymore. I tried accessing it from different devices and different networks. If I try to open the BIOS folder, it shows the below error
View attachment 33286

Also, once I ready the usb stick, how do I go about actually flashing it? Does the BIOS have a flash tool? Or should I use the EFI shell? If its EFI Shell, what commands do I need to execute?
Maybe the site is temporarily down.
You reboot with the usb. Make sure it boots in the usb (and not the internal ssd). The rest is quite automated

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
I had the same problem accessing the BIOS webpage weeks ago, thought it was my VPN. So cleared cache & cookies and then tried numerous servers, then tried the browser with the split tunnel ( ie no VPN active ) and that still did not work. Tried again a week later and same results, but decided to try Mullvad browser and for some reason it worked, but it was for the wrong CWWK device, but at least I got their ( pan.x86pi.cn ) site to work for once on my end. Perplexed why it is problematic, no popups or other security issues on my end.

MBehr

Sep 4, 2023
Sure, this is the link they sent me. Its a rar file. I'm not sure how to flash it. I don't know how to flash ISO either. So any guide would be helpful.
Downloaded fine and updated my 1335U BIOS from 6067013_CW-CSM.BIN to 6067014_CW_LOGO.BIN using my previous ISO USB stick after updating the 1.nsh file accordingly. Rebooted and running fine.

Reactions: SBMe

btcperfect

Nov 29, 2023
Hi, got the same CPU as yours. Is there a changelog for the Bios? Is SST / HWP included in this file?

ph03n1x

Aug 17, 2023
Hi to all! I've got also the CWWK i5-1335u. On Bios it's enabled C-States, SpeedShift and Turbo. On Proxmox shell I see only acpi-cpufreq driver. I've tried to put on grub intel_pstate=enable but it doesn't change. I have near to 20W power consumption with all 6 ethernet connections, 1 nvme drive and 2x64GB ram with powersave mode on governor. VMs 1pfsense with powerd enabled, 1 docker and 1 unifi controller. Why it can be lower even on idle? And why can it change to intel_pstate show to utilise better the power performance rather than acpi-cpufreq?

ph03n1x

Aug 17, 2023
Hi, I've sent also message to cwwk support and received the following. If understand correctly they say that is on by default but without open option.
???!!!!!!??

Screenshot_18.png

clueless22

Nov 16, 2023
Hi, I've sent also message to cwwk support and received the following. If understand correctly they say that is on by default but without open option.
???!!!!!!??

View attachment 33580
It's a typical Google translation " hello, Intel (R) Speed Shift Technology is on By default, but there is no switch setting to turn it on or off "

though this remains to be proved:confused:

Raptcha

Dec 5, 2023
- browse the usb content
You're set.
I'm trying to follow the first step here and download the correct ISO. I can't make sense of what is written. I have the 13th gen i7 (not i5) model of this router. Can you please tell me which ISO I need to download? Maybe a full link to the file in their support site?

Reactions: SBMe

Quemart

Dec 13, 2023
I posted this in response to another CWWK / Topton N100 N305 but it pertains to our model too. ( Post before I forget )

----
Have you repasted your cpu? If so, what did you find and what were the end results?

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
I actually cut the bottom of case and put a 120mm fan on it. Took a lot longer than I thought it would. I mean a lot longer. I ended up going to Menards and getting the better Dremel metal cutting kit for it, locking one. 10x better than the one I had. Still a huge PITA. That aluminum is very thick. Not planning on doing it again, at least not for aluminum that thick. Or at least I could ask my cousin if he and I ( if I signed a waiver, doubt it ) could use an aluminum cutter at his work.

I just did put thermal paste on and figured out putting the fan on, had to change plans a few times with that. Just need to pick the right size rubber feet, have 3 sizes to choose from and choose the right NVMe. In the process of backing up a few things and swapping a few things here and there. Finally fixed other older laptop so other so can use a NVMe in there again. I just don't know what I should do for an NVMe. I bought a WD SN850X 4TB for my laptop and kind of ran out of money for the router and still need RAM money for my older laptop.

Planning on using the 1TB I have in my main laptop I'm using now for the CWWK. But I may have to just use that WD SN850X 2TB ( have unopened Samsung 990 Pro 2TB but that's staying in the package for something else ) in there as really on the fence doing that as need to also format my old laptop now too. So then for sure going to use Proxmox and then pfSense.

Now I wish they would come up with a system like this for these. Then I would of saved myself so many hours. Then we could add a couple 2.5" SSD's and / or a proper CPU fan or other fans on the top or bottom. This would be a game changer for some of us for sure.
re_computer case: Stackable Middle Frame | Seeed Studio SS110991404 | Core Electronics Australia (core-electronics.com.au)

All I need is a NVMe, which I have, but would love that Lexar NM790 4TB to go on sale. Has anyone else confirmed that this CWWK i3's are actually PCIe 4.0 x 4 from that previous post? Just want to make sure. That will change things for sure.

Since just fixed my old laptops broken NVMe slot I can install a NVMe in there and install Linux. Thinking Debian 12.5 as I'm getting sick of Win 11. But I've never truely fully went full Linux before. Well I tried on my old one for like 2-3 weeks (?) until that NVMe holder broke and couldn't use that laptop !! Well I guess I did use YUMI and Ventoy Linux distros after my surgery as my gaming laptop was too painful to lift for like a month plus. Need to reformat my Win 11 Pro main machine as my limited user account is totally fine, but if I go into my Admin account I can't do Windows Update, open any advanced anything. Have to do it with Limited account and use Admin pswd, annoying as hell and something seriously wrong.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Has anyone measured the idle power consumption of their i5-1315u variant?

Also, how adequate is the cooling of a M.2 SSD since there's no forced airflow in the bottom? How hot does the CPU get under a stress test?