CWWK 6 Port Router Intel U300/i3-1315U/i5-1335U/i7-1355U

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alaricljs

Jun 16, 2023
In the link I provided there are multiple ISOs. Since the important part you're looking for is presumably a bootable image with the appropriate flashing tools, you can take one of those images and replace the firmware file with the one from the .rar file. Then you'll have a bootable ISO w/ the new firmware and the slightly older and extremely likely to be compatible flashing tools.

tran1981

Mar 29, 2023
Those are for 12th gen. This is supposedly for 13th..
Are you sure this is for 13th gen?

From the readme.txt:

"6067013_CW-CSM.BIN checksum: 856A

BIOS SignOn Message as below:
Product Name: CW-MBX-AD12 BIOS Version: Intel Alder Lake-U 11/09/2023 18:39:56"

I guess if it's the same mobo that supports 13th gen cpus, then it would be ok.

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
Unfortunately No!
Since DDR4 Laptop memory is 260 pin compared to DDR5 262 pin I was hoping they engineered it where you could just put the smaller DDR4 smaller pins in the newer DDR5 motherboards. Because I know years ago they talked about motherboards offering both options, well obviously that was way overblown hype and just on a couple desktop versions. I guess I should of researched it more. Thanks for everyone for checking !!!

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023

From the readme.txt:

Good catch. I downloaded this and noticed this too. Since that's 12th Gen then I don't really know either. Now that I know it's DDR4 for sure I need to order RAM for mine still. Would prefer the Crucial DDR4 memory but then I'll have to wait awhile, we'll see.

Wikipedia ( 1st paragraph ) does say: ( 13th Gen ) Raptor Lake is socket compatible with ( 12th Gen ) Alder Lake systems (LGA 1700, BGA1744, BGA1964).[

So then this BIOS may actually work? Anyone notice what it says in the BIOS, does it say AD12 anywhere? Thanks.

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022

From the readme.txt:

It was shared with me by cwwk when I asked, 3 weeks ago.
You may ask them on your side (may get newer version...)..

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
In the link I provided there are multiple ISOs. Since the important part you're looking for is presumably a bootable image with the appropriate flashing tools, you can take one of those images and replace the firmware file with the one from the .rar file. Then you'll have a bootable ISO w/ the new firmware and the slightly older and extremely likely to be compatible flashing tools.
It Worked. I modified the 1.nsh script to point to the new 6067013_CW-CSM.bin name, and it worked !
Thanks for the advice.

So I can confirm the new bios works well on the i5-1335u unit

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
Can you use something like this with the SATA adapter? https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-4-Pin-Sleeved-Power-Adapter/dp/B0BNJZ95CD?th=1 I received two of SSD/SATA leads/connectors in the box. I don't have the need for SSD(s) yet. I hook them up so I wouldn't lose them later.

I have received i3-1315U version this week and got it up running with 1tb 980pro and 16gb DDR4-3200 memory. I'm using it for Proxmox/OPNsense (so far added ZenArmor+Adguard Home). I turned off Turbo Boost/Performance mode in Bios and turned on Adaptive mode in OPNsense. The box runs cool and I don't think I'll need to add bottom fan.

Ok, I received my i3-1315U and opened it up last night. Just in case anyone reads this before purchasing or opening it up it, it does come with those two non standard SSD connectors already. But there is __not__ another standard Sata power cable plug where that Amazon power plug can go. I almost ordered it myself as it is a great find otherwise !! I agree I would of loved to have another fan below, already had some saved in a Wishlist just for these mini firewalls. 40x40x10 and 80x80x10 mm fans.

However, there is a four port power adapter plug that can be used for something. I just don't have specs right now. But going to look into it. I took a bunch of pictures of the motherboard last night as best I could and marked it up with notes.

CWWK_13TH Gen 2.5G SOFT ROUTER INTEL U300 I3-1315U Motherboard Pic__Extra 4 Porty Power Power ...jpg

Last edited:

tran1981

Mar 29, 2023
My box is not easily accessible. Can you check the two non standard SATA/SSD connectors (similar to pic)? One (long) side is for Sata power, one side is for data. I believe you can plug the Amazon adapter to the long side to turn into 3/4pin fan. I wouldn't put more than 5v fan since it is designed for SSD.

1702182569545.jpeg

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
My box is not easily accessible. Can you check the two non standard SATA/SSD connectors (similar to pic)? One (long) side is for Sata power, one side is for data. I believe you can plug the Amazon adapter to the long side to turn into 3/4pin fan. I wouldn't put more than 5v fan since it is designed for SSD.

View attachment 33142

Ok I got out my cables and looked close and an old 2.5" 250GB SATA SSD and a UGreen USB SSD Sata 2.5" external adapter.

Thanks for the Close up Pictures. Once I saw Those, I had to look Closer !!!

I stand corrected !!

It appears that it would work. I guess I should of looked A LOT Closer !!

Sorry for the confusion.

Did anyone else's come with that M.2 WiFi adapter so can install a 2nd NVMe? It looks like it's only PCIe 2.0 which I assume is 2,000 MB/s but could only be 500 MB/s. No way to know until test it out. I'm a way's away from that ( had a rib taken out and neck is really hurting, not getting much done ).

Last edited:

tran1981

Mar 29, 2023
It Worked. I modified the 1.nsh script to point to the new 6067013_CW-CSM.bin name, and it worked !
Thanks for the advice.

So I can confirm the new bios works well on the i5-1335u unit
Did you change any bios setting? What is your idle power consumption? I noticed that ACPI was disable.

MBehr

Sep 4, 2023
Managed to update my BIOS in my 1235U box that has the updated motherboard (CW-MBX-AD13•5) with a 1335U processor, but no active heat sink - identical in all regards except the MB, which also has it's BIOS crippled for advanced functions until @fta can lend a hand.

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
@fta Request if you can unlock/turn HWP on for this bios. I believe it is same mobo bios (latest version?) from CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report thread.
So indeed this bios version doesn't support SpeedShift (hwp), that's a bummer !
I search the internet all day trying to enable it, but no luck. Can any of you cantact the seller too to request a speedshift supported bios please ?
(How can they charge so much for the 13th gen core i5 , and then limit our access to its feature ! )

Hello @fta , would it be possible for you to help enable hwp in this bios please ?

Last edited:

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
I posted this in response to another CWWK / Topton N100 N305 but it pertains to our model too. ( Post before I forget )

----

Someone made that cool 3D printer fan option for your model, mine wouldn't work with that, I really wish it would though
CWWK/Topton Mini PC Fan Mount by Shenaniganz - MakerWorld 99% someone posted it in this actual thread. It's so cool, I'm considering getting this style next just for this. Unless all the new CWWK ones will have copper with fans blowing on top, if they do they need bigger holes on top and the bottom.

I'd love to have that, my models bottom is horrible for airflow. Actually, thinking of drilling some holes or literally cutting a hole, it's that's bad.
I'm planning on running a lot of software off of mine at first, pretty sure after more research it's not going to cut it, but going to try.

The older ones actually had bigger holes on the bottom for fans to actually breath I noticed on AliExpress, the J4000 models IIRC.

I started a wishlist on Amazon so I could choose a few options. Bottom of mine has holes for 80x80 and it for sure fits 10mm inside there. Took out my digital calipers. Thinking of making a template and see if I can make a Noctua 92x92x14 mm fit. Put calipers in there and 15mm seems would work, but NVMe isn't installed yet. So 14mm is pushing it. But other 80x80x10mm fans are junk for the CFM's they move to the dBA.

I did order this below though, on my model have two odd Sata ports so CWWK included two sata cables that will work with this and will turn it into fan ports in case I don't use a 2.5" SSD. However, if any heat problems I'll go with an external AC fan solution. Most likely I will anyways, but wanted one.
CRJ 15-Pin SATA to Dual 3-Pin and 4-Pin PWM Sleeved Fan 12V Power Adapter Cable (amazon.com) ( just purchased few hours ago ).

Bottom would have to be drilled.

Much easier obviously AC Infinity makes some nice stuff.
AC Infinity MULTIFAN S4, Quiet 140mm USB Fan, UL-Certified for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling (amazon.com)
If you are planning on getting 2 or 3 of these micro firewalls or Mini PC's and putting them next to each other
AC Infinity AIRCOM S9, Quiet Cooling Fan System 17" Top-Exhaust for Receivers, Amps, DVR, AV Cabinet Components (amazon.com)

GDSTIME 140mm x 25mm 110V 220V AC Powered Fan with Speed Controller for DIY Cabinet Cooling Ventilation (amazon.com)

Delinx 120 mm Case Fan, Cooling Fan with Speed Control, USB 5V Power, Low Noise, Dust Filter, Quiet Motor, 1700 RPM - Double Fan (amazon.com)

Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (92x14mm, Brown) (amazon.com) Bottom would have to be drilled.

CWWK_13TH Gen 2.5G SOFT ROUTER INTEL U300 I3-1315U Motherboard Pic_Bottom of Case - Fan or SSD...jpg

Or was just thinking of getting this

Delinx 12V Fan Power Supply,PC Fan Speed Controller,100-240vAC to 3-12vDC 24W Adjustable Fan Power Adapter,with Fan Splitter Cable,DC Female to 2 x 3/4 Pin, Multi-Functional (amazon.com)

Then getting two Noctua outside fans with grills. Since mine has a small one on top I would just get a 120mm one on top to help the CPU one out maybe.

On the bottom I would get a 140mm or maybe a 200mm ( expensive though ).

Noctua NF-A20 PWM chromax.Black.swap, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (200x30mm, Black) For Desktop (amazon.com)

Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.Black.swap, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (140mm, Black) : (amazon.com)
Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 PWM, Quiet Fan, 4-Pin, 1200 RPM (140mm, Grey) (amazon.com)

Noctua NA-SAVG2 chromax.Black, Anti-Vibration Gaskets for 140x25mm Fans (Set of 3, Black) (amazon.com)

APEVIA G-140MM Apevia 140mm black fan grill 2 in 1 pack - Retail (amazon.com)
Noctua NA-FG1-14 Sx2, Fan Grills for 140mm Fans (Set of 2, Black) (amazon.com)

Or if go with the Noctua 120mm ones may use these dust covers that snap on both ends.
Wathai 2 Pack 120mm PC Fan Dust Filter Cover Computer Mess (amazon.com)

Obviously with all of these things saved I have no clue what direction I'm going to go but for sure I am going with some extra fan system. Heat kills every man made thing. Want this one to last, even if I pass it on to a relative or something with just pfSense or OPNsense only and something like Tailscale where I can update it.

Got my RAM in and getting my CPU paste today.

Got this for my router on Prime Day and it can run really low and silent so I do like the idea of these:
WDERAIR 4x120mm Router Cooling pad Flat Fan with Variable Speed Controller for DIY Electronics TV Box Cabinet Computer Game Equipment Cooler : Electronics (amazon.com)

Raptcha

Dec 5, 2023
I have the i7-1355U model and they just sent me over a newer version of the BIOS. Is there a guide in english on how to flash it?

Richard_10

Sep 26, 2022
I have the i7-1355U model and they just sent me over a newer version of the BIOS. Is there a guide in english on how to flash it?
Could you share the link please ?
Let's see the format (iso, or folder)
Hopefully it has speedshift support

Last edited: