Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Zyborg231

Sep 5, 2023
No idea what they did in the back end. They asked for photos.

Yottamark website has now been taken down :O!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Samir

mrpops2ko

Feb 12, 2017
Is there a definitive list to which Dell card part numbers don't support SR-IOV?
And second question, what are the physical differences between T4 and T4V2 cards if I only have photo of the top side with no sticker indicating version present on that side?
i can tell you one i learned through pain staking trial and error, Dell FKHKC Intel Ethernet X550-T2 doesn't support it =(

in proxmox when you issue the command it just says permission denied and you can't seemingly bypass it through any means, from reading threads people have even tried to flash it with OEM intel firmware and it doesn't work

Samson8

Jun 20, 2024
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether this is a legit Intel i350-T2 (various differences from the T4).
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I discovered Intel's System Support Utility at link below which does a comprehensive scan of the entire machine and returns reams of data. I'm fairly confident the card I have is legitimate because the part number and the serial number sticker on the card match the same numbers in the SSU report. Also, the card has the TXC label over the crystal, and the MAC address sticker like the genuine T4 in the report and that address is matched in the SSU report. I also peeled back a sticker on the ethernet transformer and confirmed that the "Delta" is embossed not printed.

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
In my experience with Intel's utility for detecting fake cpus, if the utility says it's a fake, it's a fake.. Not sure if the nic one is as good as the cpu one, but I would think it is.

YesThisIs

Apr 15, 2022
Just a quick question. And btw, holy shit are there wide spectrum of cards. Some sell i350 T4V2's for 110€ and closer inspection its obvious fake. On the other hand, someone sells 50€ lenovo cards that does look like the real deal. My question:

Dell aperantely in their i350's doesnt support SRV-IO, right?

Does anyone else does this? Lenovo/Oracle/Cisco/HP etc. All should be identical with the Intel original I350-T4's? Lenovo does sell their own non PCI-e blue cards, talking about the pcie variant here.

@Samir do you happen to know? :D

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
@Samir do you happen to know? :D
I haven't looked into any of the more recent cards since I originally found this thread years ago. For the specifics, I would search for each of the brand's part numbers and SRV-IO and see what search results return. If there are any issues, someone would be discussing it online somewhere.

sth

Oct 29, 2015
I've found a few listing where the pictures do not match what is ultimately delivered. I've resorted to buying the seller to find legit ones, e.g I bought one of these, its a legit v2 for $110.

Last edited:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Wow, I didn't realize how expensive the 350 cards are. You can actually get 10Gb-T cards for far cheaper. :oops:

Reactions: mach3.2