Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pvn0

Dec 6, 2021
Looks "legit" at first glance. YottaMark comes back verified

PBA Number:H47822-001
Mac Address:A0369F4F3D3C
Product Name:Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4
Manufacturing Date:Week 34, 2014
Manufacturing Location:Malaysia (AD)

now you only need to plug it in the computer and check if the MAC address match.
It's not apparent from the photo, can you check if the embossed "delta" word have the same boldness on all transformers, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and Timsen

pertson

Feb 22, 2022
samster88,帖子:268735,成员:27814 said:
我有一个戴尔 I350-T4(4x 这些 PCIE 0THGMP 和 2x R1XFC 版本)。我购买的 5 张有 F/W V. 13,它们正装在最新的 19.5 上。的 SR-IOV 的功能已启用,但这是 SR-IOV 的功能,但 SR-IOV 的 VF 的功能,这可没有 SR-IOV 基本无用。

这只是说,如果你想要 SR-IOV,请避免使用戴尔版本的 I350。我最近购买了一个思科版本和另一个旧版本,让我们看看结果如何。
[/引用]
已经有人在pve上开启了dell i350-t4的sr-iov,功能我还有来得及试用。供你参考吧。帖子链接:PVE6.4-13 开启SR-IOV INTEL I350-T4 手把手教程 [/引用]

Reactions: Samir

infojunky

Mar 14, 2022
Is the Dell T34F4/I350-T4 a unicorn? I got one from eBay for $50 a long time ago. On Linux I somehow flashed Dell firmware and then Intel firmware. The card didn't complain about it. I don't remember any part of the story sans cussing the dodgy update tools Dell or Intel provided.

I think I tried either company's firmware updaters until I found one that worked and then swapped the firmware blobs. Afaik the card claimed to have SR-IOV support afterwards but I couldn't verify since I didn't use that feature.

The card is currently in an OPNSense box and I don't know how to get more details from it but from sysctl -a the card seems to think it's an ordinary Intel NIC.

igb3: <Intel(R) I350 (Copper)> mem 0xfe300000-0xfe3fffff,0xfe900000-0xfe903fff irq 27 at device 0.3 on pci1
igb3: EEPROM V1.67-0 Option ROM V1-b2992-p0 eTrack 0x80000dd1
igb3: Using 1024 TX descriptors and 1024 RX descriptors
igb3: Using 4 RX queues 4 TX queues
igb3: Using MSI-X interrupts with 5 vectors
dev.igb.3.iflib.driver_version: 7.6.1-k
dev.igb.3.%parent: pci1
dev.igb.3.%pnpinfo: vendor=0x8086 device=0x1521 subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x5001 class=0x020000
dev.igb.3.fw_version: EEPROM V1.67-0 Option ROM V1-b2992-p0 eTrack 0x80000dd1

Is that firmware new enough? Can't tell.

Edit: Looks like you get some kind of firmware info from pciconf -lv. Might be reporting original factory firmware..
VPD ident = 'I350 GbE Controller'
VPD ro V0 = 'FFV17.5.10'

17.5.10 corresponds to ancient Dell firmware. I definitely remember flashing newer Dell and then Intel firmware. Very confused. What's the right way to see the firmware version in BSD?

Last edited:

Nom

Oct 5, 2015
Got this card for cheap at the secondhand market. Can someone help me decide or this is fake or not?

Can make more photo's on request.
You can use the Yottamark code to validate the card - it's right there on the blue sticker.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Has the failure rate of fake Intel NIC's been documented anywhere?

Nom

Oct 5, 2015
It could be fake, that's why I'm asking this.
If the vendor is using a fake Yottamark sticker (ie reusing the same sticker over and over), then Yottamark will tell you this when you validate the code. That's basically the whole point.

There's no way for the vendor to create individual Yottamark fakes, because how would they know what code to use ?

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
If the vendor is using a fake Yottamark sticker (ie reusing the same sticker over and over), then Yottamark will tell you this when you validate the code. That's basically the whole point.

There's no way for the vendor to create individual Yottamark fakes, because how would they know what code to use ?
How would the Yottamark people know someone isn't checking the same card over and over again? And how many buyers actually do?

Nom

Oct 5, 2015
How would the Yottamark people know someone isn't checking the same card over and over again?
They simply need to count the validations - if the same code has been checked 100 times from all around the world, it's pretty obvious something is amiss.
Both Yottamark and BradyID work in the same way.
And how many buyers actually do?
I have absolutely no idea, if you're interested in this then I suggest you contact Yottamark.

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
Is that an ebay offer? Gut says fake. Packaging, who has packaging after 10 years. Date of manufacture 2021. That should be 2014 or something or earlier. Overall PCB "too light green". Too few stickers. Made in Malaysia my a**. Gut says China copy. May work, but who has the time and inclination to debug such a card's problems.

Edit: No embossing on the transformer. What I am saying is, it may even work for 2-3 years. But components are of unknown quality and something will break much sooner than well-selected real stuff, which should last 20-50 years.

• Love

YesThisIs

Apr 15, 2022
Is that an ebay offer? Gut says fake. Packaging, who has packaging after 10 years. Date of manufacture 2021. That should be 2014 or something or earlier. Overall PCB "too light green". Too few stickers. Made in Malaysia my a**. Gut says China copy. May work, but who has the time and inclination to debug such a card's problems.

Edit: No embossing on the transformer. What I am saying is, it may even work for 2-3 years. But components are of unknown quality and something will break much sooner than well-selected real stuff, which should last 20-50 years.

The listing has ended but yeah. Shipping from Germany and the end price was 45,50€ + shipping. o_O
You can get used genuine ones for that price.

And i agree, they don'ttend to last that long and also there is a privacy/security risk involved imo. (someone with more information might have different opinnion)

Generally i have been on a hunt for one of these. Everytime i ask where has this ""used"" card came from, seller just replies that it's genuinen. No explanation where have they gotten it or when :rolleyes: When i ask more detailes is it from a server that was located in europe, no answer usually.

If anyone that has any idea about reputable seller that solds (used) i350 t2 or t4's in europe, greatly appreciated if you let me know!

Last edited:

YesThisIs

Apr 15, 2022
Hi again!

I have found HP 361T that seller sended me pictures of. He said that he got it from UK/Germany while ago from Ebay. To my understanding these things usually are not faked(?)

This is not a lot of money, but because i hate losing money i'm keen to do my checks. (Previous history of being scammed by scammers)

Everything looks fine, but HPE warranty check pulls out with this serial:

Product number:652497-B21

However, the sticker on the back says 652495-001, is this considered normal?

I'm wairly new with these things, so you guys might have more extensive knowledge. Thanks to anyone who can help me out :)

Attachments

prdtabim

Jan 29, 2022
Hi again!

I have found HP 361T that seller sended me pictures of. He said that he got it from UK/Germany while ago from Ebay. To my understanding these things usually are not faked(?)

This is not a lot of money, but because i hate losing money i'm keen to do my checks. (Previous history of being scammed by scammers)

Everything looks fine, but HPE warranty check pulls out with this serial:

Product number:652497-B21

However, the sticker on the back says 652495-001, is this considered normal?

I'm wairly new with these things, so you guys might have more extensive knowledge. Thanks to anyone who can help me out :)
The suffix -B21 denote original part within the equipment. The suffix -001 denote a spare part.

Reactions: Samir and YesThisIs