Cheap Interesting Chinese 4x2.5g, 2x10G switch, (but also problems with DACs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

networkguy

Mar 12, 2024
Does anyone have any experience of changing the management VLAN on these switches? Whilst you can set the IP of the switch into the subnet you desire, the switch is not accessible unless you are plugged into a port in VLAN1. I don't really want VLAN 1 hanging around, but I can't see any other way to avoid that with this.

Don Demetrio

Feb 26, 2024
Well these switches are with basic functions and you cannot change the management VLAN. Anyway I don't see real drawback to use it. For example I have connected this switch to Aruba and my management vlan is 99 there. On the port of the Aruba I have all tagged vlans I need and the vlan 99 is untagged (PVID) so it connects with vlan1 (untagged, PVID) on the trunk port of the chinese switch. In Cisco terminology this is called 'native vlan' which is the same as PVID so you can have different internal vlan mapping on different devices and interconnect them. Btw using vlan1 for management is quite standard and also the Aruba switch I have came preconfigured that way.

Reactions: blunden

SuphaFly

Apr 5, 2024
Did you flash the "ZX-SWTG124AS" firmware on your 4+2 switch? Then I believe it should've worked. I accidentally flashed the 8+1 firmware on my 4+2 port switch... Bricked..
I had to remove the SPI flash chip and reflash it with a complete image dump from a 4+2 switch to fix it.
Hi. I've done just that (Also bricked my switch ) Any idea how to change the MAC address?? I want to use the "cloned" switch on the same network and they are conflicting.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

SuphaFly

Apr 5, 2024
Hi. I've done just that (Also bricked my switch ) Any idea how to change the MAC address?? I want to use the "cloned" switch on the same network and they are conflicting.
Thank you in advance.
Well.
I've found out to change the mac address so I'm leaving the info here if anyone needs it.

Someone (way smarter then me)found some hidden factory links and posted to Github and @blunden linked it here.
You have to enter your switch's address and add /ftdft.cgi at the end (192.168.0.13/ftdft.cgi in my case) and you can change it from there.
I hope this is useful to someone if they mess with one of these switches and bricks it.

Reactions: blunden