Drag to reposition cover

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
My one is up and running as well, does this seem okay? The only issue I have it seems the performance on desktop is low?

Bios is 0805 and also I had to disable the c states as mentioned by a member

https://instasize.com/LheR21JvUgIJj...8b518ca62e1700f8ac9ff96e47595ca0f1d7f7989a9aa
ASPEED drivers installed ?
The only issue I have it seems the performance on desktop is low?
the lag is also an issue with retail Xeon W's
windows energy profile high performance will help but increase idle power draw.

Reactions: Gökhan Bozkurt

Gökhan Bozkurt

Mar 3, 2024
Aspeed drivers are not installed. Also did not reinstall windows after CPU swap, would that have an effect?

It's set to high performance

Kizune

Dec 2, 2022
There’s a nev BIOS - 1202 available on the Asus website. Do not upgrade - that bios has most of the overclock functionality disabled, including manual memory speed and bcklk settings. Had to revert to 0805 to get them back working.

Just a PSA from a guy that does risky shtuff so you do not have to.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
@RolloZ170 What CPU families are affected by this lag issue?
all SPR but not all very disturbing way. MCC (non chiplet) less lag.
imho it is also a windows thread-hopping issue. windows tends to swap threads from core to core to prevent worn out of single cores.
in idle all cores are way parked, wakeup takes time, even longer if the LLC/cache is also in lower energy states.
with my gigabyte ms33-ar0 8461v the lag is there, but I don't notice it anymore after some time.
profile highperformance makes is faster but I prefer to have less power consumption.

Gökhan Bozkurt

Mar 3, 2024
Turns out my 850w MSI PSU was not enough, hence causing stutters and error codes 4A

All sorted now, thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert

Civiloid

Jan 15, 2024
here’s a nev BIOS - 1202 available on the Asus website.
My .02 about BIOSes - I was recently trying to talk to ASUS to make them expose the SNC setting in the BIOS, and after I've described to them why I need it, they sent me a test BIOS (date-wise seems to be a 1-day difference with 1202 and it has same ME version, so probably branched from there). However, it had all overclocking knobs password protected, so I wasn't even able to enable back XMP, however, SNC works fine in that BIOS.

So if someone is also interested in that knob, you might ask ASUS support for it. And I hope they'll eventually make it available in public BIOSes.

Reactions: Kizune