$5 Intel 100G CWDM4 QSFP28

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mattlach

Aug 1, 2014
For Omni-Path? Maybe.

Do you want Omni-Path? If you have to ask, then most definitely not.
Those cards only do Omni-Path. No Ethernet.
I have read things about using virtual networking via RDMA using these. It seems a little complicated, and probably wouldn't have been an ideal use case when they were new, but considering how cheap they are on eBay now it almost seems wasteful to not at least consider them for that application.

At least for hobbyists.

My only problem is, I wouldn't even know where to start with that.

Reactions: Samir

nimajneb

Apr 14, 2024
Just wondering why yours do not work at 40G. They even work on 40G Arista switch for me. Or do I miss something?
Can you tell me which Arista switch? I already have transceivers I was going to use with another switch that I've decided against using so now I'm looking at buying an Arista 7050QX-32. Does anyone know if Intel SPTSBP2CLCKV INTEL 100G-CWDM4 will work with that switch?
thanks.

hydromike

Oct 3, 2020
Can you tell me which Arista switch? I already have transceivers I was going to use with another switch that I've decided against using so now I'm looking at buying an Arista 7050QX-32. Does anyone know if Intel SPTSBP2CLCKV INTEL 100G-CWDM4 will work with that switch?
thanks.
It works on my 7050SX, 7050SX2, 7280, 7050QFX. It appears to be as long as I am on EOS 22 or higher it just works

nimajneb

Apr 14, 2024
It works on my 7050SX, 7050SX2, 7280, 7050QFX. It appears to be as long as I am on EOS 22 or higher it just works
Thanks, EOS 22 is higher rev. than I've been seeing for the 7050QX. I've been seeing 18 and I think 21. Is rev 22 easy to get?

Robbas

Dec 7, 2023
These Intel transceivers (SPTSBP2CLCKS) work with my Arista 7050qx-32s on EOS-4.28.9 (4.28 is the latest supported firmware on these switches) and run at 40 GBe (although I never found that this is officially supported).
The switch originally came with (I think) 4.14.4 and didn‘t recognize these transceivers. After upgrading to the latest firmware they suddenly worked.

nimajneb

Apr 14, 2024
I got my Arista switch today. It's a Arista DCS-7050SX2-72Q. I'm going in with like no switch management knowledge.
Is there a command to see if the switch recognizes and accepts a transceiver?

GhettoSuperstar

Mar 12, 2020
Without any knowledge, just plug it up, plug in the transceivers to switch and computer/device, connect fiber cable. Connect it to a existing switch using an ethernet transceiver if you have it. It's really that simple. If you get a connection, then you can spend time playing with the switch software. Good Luck!