1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
The price for motherboard is now $78. It looks like they had a lot of them.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Would just like to mention that the IO layout is the same as various other SM boards.

The part number for the IO shield is MCP-260-00084-0N.

Oh that's awesome because the bundled io shield flops around a atx case

mattias8

Feb 18, 2021
I received one of these, installed a CPU and RAM. No beeps. But also no VGA signal.

Checked JPG1 jumper and it's on 1-2 (enabled).

Seller reset the IPMI user/pass but didn't write down the IP address.
If I can't get into the BIOS, do I have to run a DHCP server and provide it an IP address?

Is there a default IP address for the IPMI on these machines?

Edit: I tried 192.168.0.1

Edit 2: I also tried running a DHCP server in case the BMC was looking for an IP. That didn't work either.

Last edited:

eduncan911

Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
KB and Monitor directly connected is your best bet. Ignore the IPMI.

Did you happen to reset the bios? Remove the cmos battery (if there is one)? There should also be a jumper to reset the BIOS (check the manual).

After resetting the bios, VGA output should be working. If not, it could be a faulty board.

See if you can get some beeps out of it. Remove the RAM, or CPU, and try to boot. You should get beeps.

If no beeps, then the last thing to consider would be a failed flash or bad board. For a failed flash, you can recover the bios:

Besides that... Board would be dead, and contact the seller. Something this big and heavy, the seller doesn't want you to send back - as they would have to pay shipping.

mattias8

Feb 18, 2021
Thanks eduncan.

The seller reset the bios on mine before shipping. But I took out the CMOS battery and it reads 3.012V. I put it back in and booted. Same thing.

I can get beeps out of it if I remove the RAM. Five short, One long, like it says in Appendix A of the manual.

I've already contacted the seller and will see what he says.

I will also try plugging in a graphics card and disabling JPG1 to see if I can get video out that way.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
If the ram works youl should still get a little beep during post.

What type of ram are you using? Not registered, is it?

mattias8

Feb 18, 2021
I do get a little beep, yes. I don't get the 5 beeps that would indicate a RAM error.

It's ECC non registered. PC3L-12800E

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
If you get video out with a discrete gpu then there's a bios setting to control integrated vs discrete video

But if you don't get video then, then it's probably a busted bmc or vga and I would try to return it.

tinman

Apr 13, 2021
I appreciate your response, however the information is incorrect. This xeon processor that comes with it and the entire series of E series and the chipset support BOTH ECC and NON-ECC ram. In fact, you can even intermix them, but they will all run at non-ECC in that case. However, they do not support Registered (buffered) RAM of any kind. As far as I am aware this is a chipset limitation. Because this changes for some xeon dual- and quad-socket CPU motherboard. Additionally the low-voltage ram labeled with an "L" is also supported.

From page 2-14 of the manual:

The X10SLH-LN6TF supports up to 32GB of Unbuffered (UDIMM) DDR3 ECC
1600/1333 MHz (1.35V/1.5V) memory in four slots.

Updated: Manual here

iotapi322

Sep 8, 2017
My board just came today and I put into it a 4690k processor and the ram that was with that processor on another board. Powering up I get a screen but then 3 beeps. I think this means it doesn’t like the ram. I have some other ecc server ram that I can try, but I thought this board could run non registered ram.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Three slow beeps? Ram

I am using non registered non ecc in mine no problem

Try using just one stick at a time in different slots

iotapi322

Sep 8, 2017
Three slow beeps? Ram

I am using non registered non ecc in mine no problem

Try using just one stick at a time in different slots
Yes - I apparently didn't have it mounted properly. Once I reseated the ram everything came up fine.

This is the first super micro board I've ever used in person, I like the IPMI better than the Dell r710 iDrac and the HP ILO3 I've used.