159$ US 'new' Quanta D51B-1U LGA2011-3 Server Best Offer

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
quanta d51b-1u - I am looking for SATA power details from this motherboard.

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image
SATA power details? are you asking if they support power for SATADOMS? maybe you can write more than one sentence? Those 2 beige connectors next to the slots are for power cables to power SATADOMs. Only Supermicro Yellow slots support power through the sata connector

Last edited:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Both SATA ports are labeled "SATADOM" so I assume the two white connectors next to them are for DOM power.

Nice pic BTW.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
As some others have said, if you looking for bootable options for the SATA port I would look at the Innodisk range of DOMs that do not require separate power to operate. I work for ServerO in the UK and we have loads of these Quanta boxes and we have found a small DOM option combined with a U.2 NVMe drive makes for a great combination. Supermicro SATADOM do have separate power cable's available which you can combine with some other power adapters but the D51B-1U does not allow you to make many changes inside due to design which is fairly locked down so we normally stick with the Innodisk range.

If anyone needs any help with these chassis feel free to reach out.

9200_4evr

Jul 21, 2020
If anyone needs any help with these chassis feel free to reach out.
I just bought one of these (4x LFF drive bays) and I'm wondering what I'll need to run NVME drives in it @ full speed. Is it possible to get a converter (like: Amazon.com: RIITOP NVMe Adapter M.2 PCIe SSD to PCI-e x4/x8/x16 Converter Card with Heat Sink for M.2 (M Key) NVMe SSD 2280/2260/2242/2230 [Upgraded]: Home Audio & Theater ) and get full speed out of it all while utilizing all 4 of the 3.5" LFF bays on the front?

I would love some tips/suggestions for this as it's one of my first builds. This is the one I picked up: QuantaGrid Server D51B-1U 4LFF BAREBONE 2x HEATSINK 2x PSU NO RAIL | eBay

Also, Anyone know where I can get some 3.5" caddies? Thanks!