12gen N-series Nas motherboard (topton, cwwk, ... )

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gaetano

Feb 12, 2024
I can report the same thing as Tremendous

My System:
- N305 topton DC board
- 32GB DDR5
- 512GB nvme ssd
- 3x 4TB IronWolf Pro(connected via JMB585)

I have TrueNas scale installed.

When HDDs in spindown the System draws 17W with two Case Fans.
With HDDs spinning around 30W.

Attachments

Tremendous

Mar 13, 2024
Are using any hard drives with this? Or is this with the JMB585 disabled?
I have connected 2 discs to JMB585
Works much better than expected and than everything i have read about this controller.
Was looking for an ASM1166 PCIe Card, but this is not needed anymore I would say.

Dr.FrankenHouse

Dec 11, 2023
Does anyone knows if the Noctua NH-L9i is compatible with the i3-n305 mobo? Because I can't fit the fan on it
Do I must remove the copper plate on cpu?

lefred

Feb 14, 2024
I'm impressed by @Tremendous results. How can I achieve the same with my CWWK n100 board ? If I understand correctly, I should only enable CStates in Bios and launch Powertop --auto-tune ? But when I do that my system becomes unstable (unraid). Any tips ?

(to be more precise, I can't even boot when CStates are enabled in BIOS)

Last edited:

Dr.FrankenHouse

Dec 11, 2023
Anyone knows if is it possible to plug the front audio and USB-C of Jonsbo N2 on the n305 mobo?
Something like the USB3 20-Pin to USB2 9-Pin Adapter for the front usb 3(type A)

Pokepunch

Mar 22, 2024
I've just received my N305 board but it turns out it's the DC version, making it even less usable for me. How can I power HDDs when a power brick needs to be used?

dreamtcs

Mar 13, 2024
I can’t really find the component which I’ve used on AliExpress, but here’s a picture. It is available on Taobao .

There is a slightly upgraded version of what I'm using, which is available on aliexpress

It is a 12v to sata (5 pin connectors) step down.

Alternatively if you are good at soldering and creating your own cables, could probably get something on AliExpress which just does pure 12v to 5v step down, but I choose the above as they have well crimped and easily available molex and data wires available for sale

Last edited:

Dr.FrankenHouse

Dec 11, 2023
Good to know. I recently updated the bios with "CW-ADLN-NAS(N100-N305).2024.03.05".
I still have the february build on my Board. I would try to flash back if the New Version has issues with cstates.
I've just upgraded my n305 bios with 2024.03.05 version and I found the C-State settings

Advanced

Power & Performance

CPU - Power Management Control

C states

Does anyone use 5600Mhz Ram and the mobo recognize it successfully?
My Crucial 32GB 5600Mhz are recognized at 4800Mhz

Reactions: Avathar77

Tremendous

Mar 13, 2024
Timings are much more important than speed for a Server. You gain Nothing with high speed ram if it produces errors in your file system