12gen N-series Nas motherboard (topton, cwwk, ... )

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pkoci

Aug 13, 2023
Are you sure BKHD version shares a pcie lane between the 2nd m.2 and x1?

The converted itself does not make anything about ASPM. I had one laying around so It was more convenient for me than buying a PCIe version of asm1166 controller.

If you plug an ASM166 into PCIe Port 11 (second m.2) slot with ASPM enabled you will get some AHCI unavailable errors and HHDs not recognized by OS. But it works with PCIe port 9 (x1 port).

pkoci

Aug 13, 2023
I wonder why the second m.2 slot is only pcie port that causes errors when ASPM is enabled.

bugmenot

Aug 14, 2017
Maybe bios bug? Who know how china developers put it together, i have yesterday aks bkhd is maybe newer bios available but thay say its not, im hoping when thay release new bios that some problems like sata speed and power consumption get resolved

Tzvia

Sep 5, 2022
OY... hopefully it works out as I don't see any thread yet (maybe I will start one...) on that new AMD 7840HS ITX CWWK board... Ordered it and 64gig ECC Kingston... hope that works out cuz I usually do Crucial when I care more about compatibility and stability than speed or looks... Maybe run either ESXI or Proxmox not sure yet, new homelab. My current box is an old SuperMicro with the 1541 SOC chip w/esxi 6.7. Starting to see a few ECC corrected single bit errors on the same stick/slot so I was gonna have to buy memory anyway and the Supermicro's been up almost 7 years now. Gonna be maybe 4 weeks before I get it (ordered from Amazon)... odd though that I don't see any other 'takers' yet here...

seanw18

Mar 22, 2024
I have the BKHD version running Proxmox with VMs for Hass, TrueNAS Scale, and mythtv.

I'm not able to connect any sata drives on Port 1. Any suggestions?

Ashen

Mar 20, 2024
Bought the BKHD board, and shortly going to get a few drives to set up as a NAS in a Fractal 304 case.

I've put Windows on to see how the N100 fares in the meantime, and was wondering if anyone might have managed to get the audio working? Can't find any working drivers.

Pokepunch

Mar 22, 2024
I've ordered the cwwk i3-N305 board just before finding it it uses JMB585 which seemingly doesn't support ASPM for higher C-States. I'm trying to cancel the order but that isn't looking promising as I've had no response from them.

Has there been any updates to the bios or firmware etc to try and resolve this issue with the JMB585?

johhen

Jan 25, 2024
Just working on a new build with a BKHD-1264-NAS. In a test bench setup, sitting on an ubuntu LiveUSB desktop, zero BIOS changes, 32GB Corsair Vengange 4800MHZ, Silverstone ATX ST50F-P PSU (about 10 years old, maybe closer to 12). Memtest86 from Passmark passed two passes. I'm sitting at 16W Idle. Only things connected are a PiKVM via HDMI + USB. With a single case fan via the case-fan header, we are at 16.5. If we add one Gigabit connection, we are at 17.5W at the wall.

I''ll see where I get when its all built, but this is replacing a i5 3450 custom built nas (42W Idle), and N4020 mini PC(6W idle) with one build (The i5's GPU didn't handle plex well anymore, very old. the N4020 did better GPU transcoding despite its horrible CPU scores compared to the i5. Was sad I didn't go for an n305, but was feeling apprehensive about twice the price. Yes, twice the performance, but do I really need that?

croesvs

Mar 18, 2024
Bought the BKHD board, and shortly going to get a few drives to set up as a NAS in a Fractal 304 case.

I've put Windows on to see how the N100 fares in the meantime, and was wondering if anyone might have managed to get the audio working? Can't find any working drivers.
Received my CWWK-ADLK-NAS-V10 (N100) a couple days ago, to get audio working I ended up using these drivers:

Sound_Realtek_HDA_6.0.9273_FF04_Win1011.zip
Edit: link removed

Last edited:
Reactions: TopSOUL

Insow_

Mar 24, 2024
Hi, I'm thrilled to stumble upon an entire post about the N305 CPU.

A few weeks ago, I decided to embark on a DIY NAS project with this motherboard.

Here's what I've recently purchased (thanks to Aliexpress anniversary discounts):
New Jonsbo N4 (I love this case) : ~ 113 € including shipping
48 Gb Crucial DDR5 5600Mhz ~ 130 €
N305 NAS Motherboard From Topton Vendor (I hope it the same as you guys) ~ 200 €
Jonsbo CPU Cooler ~ 13 €

I'm expecting all these parts to arrive in a few days. I'd be more than happy to conduct some tests for you if needed.

Additionally, I also got myself a WD Red SN700 500GB NVMe SSD from Amazon for €75. It's a bit pricey, but I wasn't certain about which SSD to choose and what capacity a NAS typically requires.

Now, I'm on the lookout for a suitable PSU. Some of you recommended the Corsair SF450 due to case restrictions, but considering that the system idles at around 20W, wouldn't it be better to opt for a PicoPSU ? I haven't been able to find any efficiency tables for these PicoPSUs, but based on a review , at 20W, you're looking at approximately 80% efficiency.

chripo

Dec 15, 2023
Received my CWWK-ADLK-NAS-V10 (N100) a couple days ago, to get audio working I ended up using these drivers:

Sound_Realtek_HDA_6.0.9273_FF04_Win1011.zip
Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) Driver v.6.0.9273.1 download for Windows - deviceinbox.com
Thank you very much, but your download link redirected me to a random suspicious SPAM/malware site where I instinctively refused to click anything to proceed with the download. Anyway, there is no urgent need to get/test these drivers as I do not currently have Windows 11 installed. But perhaps someone with a Windows installation would like to try the same version of the driver downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog:

URL: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9273.1

It would be great to know if that works too.

Tremendous

Mar 13, 2024
I have setup my CWWK N305 Board today and get C10 with 14,6 W idle power consumption in Unraid 6.12.8.
Only enabled Cstates in Bios.
I am struggling if I should do a Bios Update or let it run out of the box...

1711362809699.png

Reactions: Avathar77

Pirke

Feb 4, 2024
I have setup my CWWK N305 Board today and get C10 with 14,6 W idle power consumption in Unraid 6.12.8.
Only enabled Cstates in Bios.
I am struggling if I should do a Bios Update or let it run out of the box...

View attachment 35598
Mine is showing C10 state as well, but I find ~15W idle is way to high, if the CPU really should be in C10 state. Thus I assume there is a display error, that shows C10, but not really is in C10 unfortunately.