12gen N-series Nas motherboard (topton, cwwk, ... )

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bugmenot

Aug 14, 2017
For my use case sleep option if works can be for example used if you have ups and when power gets lost ups can send command to put server to sleep insted of shut down which can be usful if you want for server to be available as soon as possible when power gets restored, atleast for unraid that boots from usb

xXenoMorpHx

Feb 23, 2024
Are any of you running a 10Gbe NIC in the PCIE-1x slot? I have a X550T1 10GBE adapter and it worked fine in a PCIE2.0 slot @x4 mode in TRUENAS.
But on this board the card is not recognized by TRUENAS and no traffic indication lights blink.
I have set the "PCI Sepress Slot Selection" to CEMx4 slot.
I also inserted a 1Gbe Intel NIC (PCIE X1) and that one just works fine.
Well, I managed to get the 10Gbe X550-T1 X4 to work with this board.

I ordered 1 of these: M.2 Pci-E 4X Riser Card and a PCIE Riser Pcie 3.0 x4 and a Pcie X1to X4 Extender

It seems that the X1 to X4 extender did not work on the X4 card, it did not shop up in TRUENAS.
Then I tried the M.2 NVME and the PCI-E 4x riser, connected the power, fired up the system and it works.

Now Ionly need another card to test out the max Bandwidth with iperf.

Last edited:

pkoci

Aug 13, 2023
Hi,

I have finally received a BKHD N100. How can I disable an ethernet port? Is it possible to regulate a chase and CPU fan RPM?

bigtweekx

Jun 24, 2020
Hi,

I have finally received a BKHD N100. How can I disable an ethernet port? Is it possible to regulate a chase and CPU fan RPM?
You can disable an ethernet port by unlocking the bios advanced menu and then disabling the PCIe root port for that ethernet port. I can provide more details when I have the board in front of me.

pkoci

Aug 13, 2023
I would appreciate more details on disabling the ethernet ports (I only need 2 active) and the JMB585 controller. I managed to activate the advanced settings. Thank you in advance

bugmenot

Aug 14, 2017
I would appreciate more details on disabling the ethernet ports (I only need 2 active) and the JMB585 controller. I managed to activate the advanced settings. Thank you in advance
PCIe ports or lanes 1-4 are lan and port 7 is jmb585 controller. But from my experience enabled or disabled ports dont have any effect on power consumption, if this is what you are looking for (this is from experience using Unraid), using different OS may yield different result.

pkoci

Aug 13, 2023
Yes, that was my point. I have already tried to disable all pcie ports but without any effect. All ports continue to work. This mobo has been so disappointing so far. Literally want to sell it the same day I got it. Using Unraid as well.

Are you able to control CPU and case FAN speed?

bugmenot

Aug 14, 2017
My case fans are connected to molex so no control, and about cpu on unraid i only see fan speed and i did not try to control it since i dont need it. How much power your server consume?

adamau5

Feb 20, 2024
Mines the same. I am happy with that to be fair. Could it be a few watts lower year, but with power supply efficiency loss, the port multiplier... It's really pretty efficient. I now have uptime.of 14 days, it hasn't missed a beat.

pkoci

Aug 13, 2023
An Asrock mobo with intel j4105 with JMB572 sata expansion card idles at 14w and thats why am not happy about N100 power consumption.

bugmenot

Aug 14, 2017
An Asrock mobo with intel j4105 with JMB572 sata expansion card idles at 14w and thats why am not happy about N100 power consumption.
Yes power consumption with this china boards is extreamly big, i meen 4-5w its not seems to big difference, but when we talking about that small numbers 20-30w to begin with its quite big difference.

I'm floating around 28-30w when all my mechanical drives are spin down and just cach ssd is running and 3 case fans spinning.

adamau5

Feb 20, 2024
My idls at 21 with a good PSU and one SSD. 24 with 2. All six disks spun up over 50, but unraid takes care of that.

I think I don't care so much because I am coming from a terribly inefficient think server, so this sips in comparison.

Avathar77

Feb 6, 2024
What cpu temps do you get on ideal for the N305 board? Can any 1155 socket cooler be fitted to this? If so, do you remove the coper plate that comes with the mobo?

chripo

Dec 15, 2023
What cpu temps do you get on ideal for the N305 board?
My N305 is currently around 30-35°C idle with Unraid and a couple of Docker containers. With all cores at full load and maximum boost clocks (using Prime95 Small FFTs) I get up to 55°C for a short time, but after about 30 seconds the CPU clocks down and the temperature settles to around 40-45°C.

Can any 1155 socket cooler be fitted to this?
CWWK says: "Standard 17x 17 Mini-ITX form factor compatible with market 115x series radiators". So I think yes.

If so, do you remove the coper plate that comes with the mobo?
No, at least not if you just want to install a cooler. You only need to remove the copper plate if you want to re-paste the CPU dies underneath (like I did - see the first three pictures of this post).

Reactions: Avathar77

Cyberward

Feb 13, 2024
What cpu temps do you get on ideal for the N305 board? Can any 1155 socket cooler be fitted to this? If so, do you remove the coper plate that comes with the mobo?
Replace the four fixed copper heat sink springs screw at the back with screws for a 2.5-inch hard drive, so you can install many other large heatsinks . I used Thermalright SI-100. m.2 nvme drive you can use Glotrends m.2 heatsink.

Attachments

Reactions: Avathar77