h310

1. S

Seeking Advice: Unraid Installation on Dell PowerEdge T420

I've scored two Dell PowerEdge T420 servers at a steal on Facebook Marketplace. I'm gearing up to install Unraid on one of them, and could use any insights available. Will Unraid play nice with iDRAC? Also, I've seen theres talk about flashing the RAID controller - any firsthand experiences or...
  2. Q

R820 / H310 "Adapter at Baseport is not responding"

I posted this on Dell's community as well but no responses as yet. So I think I have a serious problem that I need any help I can get. I don't know if the H310, the SAS cables, the enclosure, or the drives are bad. I will explain. I purchased a re-purposed R820 with an H310 and 10 1TB...
  3. M

Perc H310 locked SAS drives, and I don't want IT mode [Dell t7600]

Just bought 4x14tb Seagate 12Gb SAS drives. 2/4 are easily detected for their correct size, the other two are blocked and only recognized as 1TB drives. And, ESXi doesn't even recognize the locked drives. Is flashing the card to IT mode the quickest way to address this? Will it even help see the...
  4. H

what cable for a H310 RAID card on a Dell R710?

Hi, I just ordered on ebay a H310 card for my R710 so that I can flash into IT mode so that I can let FreeNAS play nicely with my drives and overcome the 2TB limitation. I don't have experience at all with backplanes, SAS connection and basic server related hardware.. so I wonder if someone...
  5. Z

EU FS: Supermicro A1SRM-2558F Barebone, Dell H310

I try to tidy up my lab to create space for new toys. ATM the parts are located in Austria (Graz area). Insured shipping within the EU is already included. Payment preferably via Paypal friends. I'm open to reasonable offers and questions. Just hit me up. Photos can be found HERE. Supermicro...
  6. C

HP DL180 G6 USB not working when added a Dell H310

So I picked up a Dell H310 on eBay to use as a passthrough HBA on an HP server. I flashed the card to IT mode with an R710 (because it kept hanging on the HP), and now the HP will boot with the card but USB won't work. This is a problem since I run ESXi off of a USB stick. I know the card...
  7. K

HP EG0300FBDBR Firmware Upgrade

I've recently inherited a few HP 2.5" 300G SAS 10k drives (EG0300FBDBR). I'm going to attempt to use them in a ZFS configuration, 18 drives total across 3 Dell H310s (flashed to LSI 2008 HBAs). From what I can tell these drives have 3 different versions of HP firmware on them. The majority...