Search results

1. S

Samsung PM983 M.2 Firmware

Does anybody know where I can get Samsung PM983 M.2 Firmware? Apparently, the drives I purchased have firmware so old that ESXi does not recognize them...
  2. S

Best ZFS config?

I moved from 16Gb FC to to 40Gb, and I ended up just deleting my NappIT VM and figured I would start from scratch. I started with a new OVA deployment of NappIT, then passed through my HBA, Optane 900P 280GB and ConnectX-4. I had problems with the ConnectX-4, so I left it added to vSphere, and...
  3. S

mlxcx "isn't armed" ???

My google skills have failed me as I have not found this error message anywhere. I installed a ConnectX-4 40GbE card and passed it through to an existing NappiT r151034 VM. I also tried a deploying a new VM and passed the card through. I end up with the same error and no connectivity.
  4. S

** Gone** *FREE* Old Crap (DFW)

I have five old SuperMicro chassis I am getting rid of for free. If you are in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and would be willing to come pick any or all of this up, it's yours for FREE!! I am not willing to ship anything as I don't have any boxes and I have no desire to put much effort into...
  5. S

16Gb FC

I got a deal on some Brocade/Qlogic BR1860 cards. I got them working fine in ESXi, but I am having some difficulty with Napp-IT/OnmiOS. I found this feature request: Feature #5209: Support for Brocade 1860 16Gbps FC HBA - illumos gate - illumos So I guess I can assume that its not supposed...
  6. S

Lost and confused...

I have been through a bit of a journey recently with Napp-It. This was my first go around with ZFS. I ran FreeNAS with an Areca card and 10Gb iSCSI for a couple of years. I was lucky to score an Intel Optane 900P a while back when they were on sale on Amazon. I deployed a Napp-IT VM...
  7. S

[solved] Optane missing

Last week, I got Napp-IT deployed using the latest OVA on ESXi 6.5. I configured ZFS with six hard drives and an Optane 900. Everything was working perfectly my storage was just fine on my other ESXi hosts. I had a need to reinstall ESXi (new SSDs and RAID controller), so I shutdown the...
  8. S

FS: 4 x Intel Xeon E5-2670 SR0KX - used

I have FOUR Intel Xeon E5-2670 SR0KX for sale. I recently pulled these from working servers. Full specs: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2670 (20M Cache, 2.60 GHz, 8.00 GT/s Intel® QPI) Product Specifications Photos: Intel Xeon E5-2670 For Sale by StevenDTX TWO for $150 US shipped via USPS...
  9. S

FREE: Acronis True Image HD Activation

These keep coming with SSDs that I buy. I have no use for them. Obviously only good for the first person who grabs it. *** If this is against the rules, I'm sorry. EDIT: This one has been grabbed.
  10. S

SuperMicro Backplane Capacitor

What does this capacitor do? I ask because I was replacing a dead fan when I accidentally knocked one of these off of the backplane. The hard drive in the slot still functions OK. So, I'm just a bit curious. Thanks!