Search results

1. D

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Reposting this outside of the massive brocade thread. Just plugged a Mikrotik S+RJ10 into one of my 7250's and it's not wanting to play. The 7250 is running 08.0.95. No lights on the sfp+ cage, no traffic. The other end (QNAP nas) does show a 10Gb link. SSH@core#show media ethe 2/2/5 Port...
  2. D

2 node vsan for production?

Quick question for those folks that have vsan experience in production environments. We’re in the process of migrating some workload to virtual machines on vmware. Storage will be provided by vsan, each of the 2 nodes will contribute storage while a 3rd machine will provide quorum for the small...
  3. D

Performance hit for Intel systems on the way...

Story from the 'Kernel memory leaking' Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign
  4. D

quanta 2ml

Does anyone have one of these running any xeon v2 cpus? They seem to be turning up on eBay now with v2's. So I'm starting about grabbing a pair for mine. From the screen shots I've seen they appear to be running the same bios version. Be very interested to hear if anyone has v2's running in one...
  5. D

Proxmox vm l3 cache pass through

Does anyone have any idea how to get a kvm to report having a l3 cache?
  6. D

T1700G-28TQ blocking traffic

Has anyone experienced any lockups from a T1700G-28TQ ? Twice now mine has "appeared" to stop passing vlan traffic totally. When I say vlan I mean everything except vlan 1. After a switch reboot (hard) everything starts working again. Both times I've seen this was first thing in the morning...
  7. D

Proxmox DRS "like"

I'd like to be able to automagically migrate workloads around my proxmox cluster to lower powered hosts when possible - depending on available host capacity. The high powered hosts would then be powered down (to conserve juice). Later when/if capacity was needed, they'd be powered back up and...
  8. D

Tp-link t1700-28tq vlans and lag/lacp

I'm having issues with vlans over aggregated links, both static lag and lacp. Been trying to get some vlans out to my quanta lb6m from the tp-link without success. Initially thought it was my vlan configuration on the lb6m but as part of my debugging efforts I've tried a lag and vlan setup over...
  9. D

Fiber and conduit

In the next few months I'll be moving home. Currently I have a number of servers in a rack (along with switches and ups) in my garage. The garage is actually attached to the side of the house. I have 4x1gb cat6 cables running a bridge back to a switch in the house. New property has a detached...
  10. D

EU UK FS: Voltaire 4036 QDR SWITCH

Working order. 2 psu's, no rack ears. 250 pounds + postage. May consider posting out of the U.K. To EU.
  11. D

Proxmox iOS console issues

Has anyone successfully used the proxmox web gui console on an iOS device? I have no problem accessing the console (via web) on Windows or OS X but iOS just fails. Thanks