1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Drewy
Last Activity:
May 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Nov 8, 1969 (Age: 47)

Share This Page

Drewy

Member, Male, 47

Drewy was last seen:
May 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM
    1. waspsoton
      waspsoton
      Cheers mate. I am planning on using it as a storgate server. How many sata connectors has it got. Also thinking of putting the motherboard in a case. Have u installed esxi on it?? Cheers for the info mate
      1. Drewy
        Drewy
        From memory 12-14. However only 4 are wired. 6 come off the intel chipset and the other 8 off another controller. No idea if all work.
        Feb 11, 2017
    2. waspsoton
      waspsoton
      Hello mate did u ever buy the Foxconn Reworked DA0S2MMB8B0 server??
      1. liuchao likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. waspsoton
        waspsoton
        cool. whats it like? I am thinking of getting one. but I am finding it hard to find out any info about the motherboard. any details would be great.
        Feb 10, 2017
      4. Drewy
        Drewy
        It's fine. It has limitations obviously. Haven't managed to find any firmware updates, so stuck with e5 v1 cpus. Only 1 pcie slot, if you need to use it get the riser when you buy the server.
        Feb 10, 2017
      5. Drewy
        Drewy
        It's reasonably quiet for a 1u server, you wouldn't want it next to you for long but it's not bad. Draws about 5w on standby (ipmi up) and idle's at 100w. Only have 1 2.5" sata hd in it. Currently running as a proxmox host. I have a 520da2 in the pcie slot, so 3 10gb ports in all. I'm happy with it. Price has increased about 100GBP since I bought mine but still a good price.
        Feb 10, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 8, 1969 (Age: 47)