1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxmox DRS "like"

Discussion in 'Linux Admins, Storage and Virtualization' started by Drewy, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Drewy

Drewy Member

I'd like to be able to automagically migrate workloads around my proxmox cluster to lower powered hosts when possible - depending on available host capacity. The high powered hosts would then be powered down (to conserve juice). Later when/if capacity was needed, they'd be powered back up and the "busy" workload would migrate to them.

Same sort of thing as VMware's drs but simplified.

I know this isn't out of the box functionality and I haven't managed to find any concreate ready made solution. Before I go and roll my own, does anyone else know if anything such as this exists?

Thanks

2. vl1969

vl1969 Active Member