Search results

1. 111alan

3D-NAND

Accepted a commission of a 512GB M.2 sata SSD. Ended up being the weirdest SSD I've ever made. SM2258H controller, 512MB ECC DRAM, 4 samsung SSV2 TLC from PM1725 with 4 interposers, making it a true 3d-nand SSD.;) Also somehow it runs at DDR400 without a problem. Even only 40+ badblocks in...
  2. 111alan

The most painful RMA I've ever experienced, what should I do now?

Yeah, definitely regreted sending it in for RMA, if only I know it could take 8 months and cost me tons of money, with zero fault on my part...:mad: And now I honestly ask for your suggestions. It happened like this. I bought an Asrockrack SP2C621D16-2T on October 30 2022. The board came in...
  3. 111alan

The cursed connector design.

Please select the MCIO port. There is only one in those three.
  4. 111alan

Simple batch for Samsung NVMe SSD firmware update.

I've written a small batch to simplify the firmware update process for samsung NVMe SSDs on Windows. Instructions: 1. Get the firmware file and Samsung SSD manager. You can find most of them here: https://c.gmx.net/@324567863383819227/SlDWEtrmRueJ4nCqdGfOsQ/ROOT 2. Copy the batch file(bat)...
  5. 111alan

Dell Nautilus firmware update utilitiy on non-dell systems?

I have a Dell DC S3610 1.6TB with firmware DL2B. I noticed that there are DL2D and DL2E firmwares which both featured critical fixes that could prevent the drive from bricking so I went to update. First, the stand-alone update utility didn't work, so I did some research and found this post...
  6. 111alan

The true reason why SPR is delayed

8490H stepping E3 QS. non-SNC SNC4 is even weirder. Inter-die core-to-core latency is about 65/58/77/70(yes, the latency is somehow higher while both cores are in the same die.) This result is somehow promising, as the inter-die latency on the lower end is actually very close to what we...
  7. 111alan

EPYC Genoa, presumably.

This should be the LGA6096 CPU, picture is from one of my friends.
  8. 111alan

LGA6096?

I think an E-ATX board can only fit one of this on it ;) And there's some extra beefy buck converters.
  9. 111alan

All the LGA4677 Sapphire Rapids pictures I have

All from my friend as he bought and delided one. We also heard that this unit currently only has 1 of 4 dies active with 28 cores. He's trying to find a eval board for this thing to test it himself. Seems to be 4 HBM pads on the corners that aren't soldered though.
  10. 111alan

Now this is Sapphire Rapids SP LGA4677

4 big dies all together connected with co-EMIB(more than 112 cores per package?), no discrete north bridge, and an Altera FPGA. The 4 missing die positions may be reserved for HBM or silicon-photonic devices.
  11. 111alan

LGA 4677?

I think many of you have seen the LGA4189 Ice Lake-SP picture posted by my friend, but here's an LGA4677 Sapphire Rapids(SP?) CPU. Can't delid now cause it's not mine.
  12. 111alan

Myth about CPU power consumption

Trying to evaluate the power consumption to see what frequency the CPU actually runs at in rendering. Here's where I noticed something interesting. The 4.0GHz 9900k actually beats 3700x(4.05G) by more than 20w in rendering. The voltage is auto(default p-state frequency-voltage pair). Here's the...
  13. 111alan

Core structure of Skylake and Zen2

The first picture is an official image from AMD. I can't find any reliable image for intel skylake/cascadelake so I drew it myself. Made this to compare the size of each components for different vendors. If there is any problem please tell me, not very sure about the"execution ports" part. BTW...
  14. 111alan

vtune counters does not add up to 100% when they should be

I was using microarchitecture exploration mode of vtune 2020. The problem mainly came from "port utilization" tab, where I thought the four "cycles of n ports utilized" should add up to be 100%, but their sum is lower than that. I did this test on a variety of applications, but none of them...