Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AERuffy

Dec 12, 2013
Welp i bit the bullet and purchased a Z420. There are a bunch going on Ebay for < $300 + shipping.

But I managed to snag a 32GB/E5-1620 model locally for $250.

Supposedly it will accept this CPU. We shall see once I get to it. Using it for ESXi 6, hopefully my power usage doesn't go too high (I estimate double from my current i5 build)

JustinH

Jan 21, 2015
Singapore
Hi Guys,
Just a heads up on the original vendor posting these deals. I tried to purchase 4 with a BO a few weeks ago and was successfull at $US120/each. When I tried to pay, I was getting a ebay error message after entering in credit card info. Unknown to me, the transactions were successful, and I had tried 7 times in total. Each transaction went though.

Since then, I've been trying to get them to void the transaction or refund me. its going around and around in circles and he still owes over $2.5K back to me.... and he refuses to give contact number or email address outside of ebay to contact him.

My bank is onto it, and fingers crossed I get my $$$ back, but just a heads up to others if your considering dealing with him

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I am very sure you'll get your money back. Did he send you the 2 CPUs that you ordered?

JustinH

Jan 21, 2015
Singapore
Yeah. I got the CPU's quickly. Just his responses on the refunds are not trust inspiring when he first says he voided the extra transactions 1 day after I notified him, and then later says he has processed a refund for me but won't provide any proof or contact details. (But thanks to another member I have his telephone now!)

Marsh

May 12, 2013
socket LGA2011 v1 or v2 system board , brand such as Supermicro , Intel , Tyan , ASUS.
Either single or dual processor board.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Next summer/fall I bet the v2s do the same :) or, so we hope :) right!??!

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
I wish the V2's where they cheap... I need power savings over the v1s I have. I don't feel like buying new mb and ram for incremental speed bumps.

If there are cheap non spicy v2's out there I'm all ears!
How big of a power draw difference is there really over the v2? The cost difference of the V1 vs V2 CPU sure pays for a good bit of electricity.