Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lubmen

Feb 9, 2024
It shouldn't of touched the bootloader/backup partitions so if you have USB to 3.3V TTY serial adapter you can just hold ESC and power on the switch and it'll go into upload mode at http://192.168.1.1 where you can use the proper firmware update.

Code:
==========Loader start===========
Press any key to start the normal procedure.
To run SPI flash viewer, press [v]
To enforce the download of the runtime kernel, press [ESC] .
  cmd 27
sal_sys_runtime_crc_set
loader start
load MAC from nvcfg
  IP:192.168.1.1
Mask:255.255.255.0
  GW:192.168.1.254
MAC:AA.BB.CC.DD.EE.FF
Thank you, I will try

lubmen

Feb 9, 2024
It shouldn't of touched the bootloader/backup partitions so if you have USB to 3.3V TTY serial adapter you can just hold ESC and power on the switch and it'll go into upload mode at http://192.168.1.1 where you can use the proper firmware update.

Code:
==========Loader start===========
Press any key to start the normal procedure.
To run SPI flash viewer, press [v]
To enforce the download of the runtime kernel, press [ESC] .
  cmd 27
sal_sys_runtime_crc_set
loader start
load MAC from nvcfg
  IP:192.168.1.1
Mask:255.255.255.0
  GW:192.168.1.254
MAC:AA.BB.CC.DD.EE.FF
Thank you very much for you advice. This helped me.

Last edited:

makivara

Jan 13, 2024
Poland
Does it have full 802.3ad LACP support?
I have homelab with i3-n305 32GB DDR5 and 5x NVMe and I need to aggregate 4x 2.5GbE.

Firebat

Jan 12, 2022
That's the question. The hardware design is a bit different than the others, so I'm scared to try the linked firmware updates, even if the webinterface is identical.

supernoman

Sep 1, 2016
That's the question. The hardware design is a bit different than the others, so I'm scared to try the linked firmware updates, even if the webinterface is identical.
I looked at using the firmwares in this thread also, but it is too different for me to try. Waiting for vendor to get back to me.

jmatfx

Feb 13, 2024
Does anyone have an experience with connecting this Horaco switch's 10G SFP+ port to a 25G SFP28 NIC such as Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx? Does it work in 10G mode?

jmatfx

Feb 13, 2024
Yes, no issues there
Good to know. Thank you! The price of a 25G NIC seems not so different from 10G ones, so I was thinking to get an SFP28 NIC. Can SFP28 DAC cable be used or better to use a SFP+ DAC?! Sorry for a noob question...

klosz007

Jul 26, 2021
SFP28 cables will work in SFP+/10G devices. I was connecting my ConnectX-4 Lx to TP-Link switch (SFP+) with Dell's SFP28 DAC cable with no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmatfx

klosz007

Jul 26, 2021
Thanks to information collected from multiple posts in this thread I was able to recover my Horaco 8+1 switch ! Thanks guys !

Web interface on my switch simply died, and, after reboot, status light (left to the SFP+ port) was flashing quickly. Switch was behaving strangely overall (e.g. steady orange light on active RJ ports), so my network did. It was not reachable either on it's configured IP nor on default 192.168.2.1. Reset button did not seem to work at all.

I connected to serial console just to find out that firmware got corrupted (wrong checksum) and it was automatically entering recovery mode, hence listening on 192.168.1.1 (i.e. my router's address, doh.... That's why my network misbehaved).
After uploading firmware 1.9 (previously it was running factory 1.4) it came back to life.
No idea what happened...

So if your switch dies and status light is flashing quickly, isolate it from your network and check if you can access web firmware recovery interface on 192.168.1.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: blunden and maxwow

FragRot

Feb 18, 2024
Anyone tried to SSH into MokerLink 2G05210GSM switch? I have tried to SSH in, but it gives me 'Incorrect User Name!!' error even though it's the same admin account I login to GUI.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 002814.png

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Anyone tried to SSH into MokerLink 2G05210GSM switch? I have tried to SSH in, but it gives me 'Incorrect User Name!!' error even though it's the same admin account I login to GUI.

View attachment 34746
SSH is broken on the firmware used by the Mokerlink and the equivalent Hasivo switch. You'll have to use telnet if you want to access the CLI.

See the forum thread for the Hasivo unit to find out about some of the other quirks of this hardware and software. In general, you are probably better of using that thread instead since this current thread is for completely different hardware. :)

FragRot

Feb 18, 2024
SSH is broken on the firmware used by the Mokerlink and the equivalent Hasivo switch. You'll have to use telnet if you want to access the CLI.

See the forum thread for the Hasivo unit to find out about some of the other quirks of this hardware and software. In general, you are probably better of using that thread instead since this current thread is for completely different hardware. :)
Thank you for pointing me the right direction. I will take a look.

Reactions: blunden

Rich_13

Feb 18, 2024
I didn't get the hengrui password and login_ft.cgi to work. You can access the the factory methods using the admin credentials by cgi (attached is an example of changing the colour to pink)

/ftdft.cgi
/ftlogo.cgi
/ftcolor.cgi

After a mini adventure - flashing the wrong firmware and recovering via a serial adapter (thanks for the tips on how to enter recovery mode)... I had a poke about...

While I haven't got the password for 'hengrui', you don't need it, it's possible to log directly in with the MD5 hashes - the hashes are computed in the browser and the result is sent to the switch for validation... not great!

If you are using these switches anywhere security is a concern then probably the best way to secure this switch is to move all but "trusted ports" off VLAN 1 (which is the only VLAN the web interface can be accessed from) Correction: this doesn't work - as Viper_Rus pointed out - I had screwed up the ports VLAN membership

The login in "hengrui" also has access to the normal admin area too

Visit -
http://{switch ip}/login_ft.cgi
F12 for Developer Tools, then run the following in the developer console

document.login.username.value = 'hengrui';document.login.language.value='EN';document.login.Response.value = '81d57ea79621e8887914f40ee4122185';document.cookie = 'admin=81d57ea79621e8887914f40ee4122185';document.login.submit();

this login has some of the "hidden" factory settings that up-n-atom found, if you remove Hengrui_mp_cfg from the URL, you are back in the normal admin area

Rich

Attachments

Last edited:

tipra28

Jan 28, 2024
After a mini adventure - flashing the wrong firmware and recovering via a serial adapter (thanks for the tips on how to enter recovery mode)... I had a poke about...

While I haven't got the password for 'hengrui', you don't need it, it's possible to log directly in with the MD5 hashes - the hashes are computed in the browser and the result is sent to the switch for validation... not great!

If you are using these switches anywhere security is a concern then probably the best way to secure this switch is to move all but "trusted ports" off VLAN 1 (which is the only VLAN the web interface can be accessed from)

The login in "hengrui" also has access to the normal admin area too

Visit -
http://{switch ip}/login_ft.cgi
F12 for Developer Tools, then run the following in the developer console

document.login.username.value = 'hengrui';document.login.language.value='EN';document.login.Response.value = '81d57ea79621e8887914f40ee4122185';document.cookie = 'admin=81d57ea79621e8887914f40ee4122185';document.login.submit();

this login has some of the "hidden" factory settings that up-n-atom found, if you remove Hengrui_mp_cfg from the URL, you are back in the normal admin area

Rich

Is this possible to do on the 8Port 1GbE Managed Switch as well by Horaco? the hash above doesn't work when I tried. The 2.5GbE method worked flawlessly with the respective switch.