Recent content by Mark Wilde

1. M

hi Patrick, I have seen so many good reviews on your website, I wonder if STH can test our...

hi Patrick, I have seen so many good reviews on your website, I wonder if STH can test our hardwares and publish some review articles on your website. If this is okay, please let me know. Thank you!
  2. M

Used Genuine 10G Base T Intel NICS

Yes, 10GBASE-T copper SFP+ module meets the SFP+ spec, but it is not meeting 10GBASE-T official spec. Vendors like fs.com offer it at US$ 380, which is more expensive than the reqular fiber SFP+ modules ($16).
  3. M

Intel X520-da2 SFP+ Optics

Used the intel SFP+ from cdw, worked terrific but charges higher than other vendors. So recently I ordered several cost-effective modules from fs.com, which helps me cut down the budget.
  4. M

Zyxel gigabit switches with fs.com SFP modules

Sorry, haven't used the Zyxel switches.
  5. M

Home 10Gb: Trendnet, TP-Link, Mikrotik

Got a 3m SFP+ DACs from fs.com, only $15 each, works great till now.
  6. M

So what hardware you have bought lately that was a SCORE!!

Bought a 28 ports Gigabit switch S2800-24T4F from a Chinese vendor, amazingly good
  7. M

Any Tips for low power consumption 40GbE Switch

I have found a S5850-48S6Q with 48 SFP+ ports and 6 QSFP+ ports. The max power consumption is 190W.
  8. M

Do you buy optical transceivers from ebay?

I have bought optical transceivers from ebay, but not the one listed above. They are working great but recently buy compatible sfps from fs.com, it seems that they are more reliable and cheap. Generic Compatible 10GBASE-SR SFP+ 850nm 300m DOM IND Transceiver
  9. M

Going 10G - RJ45 copper via Intel X540?

I recently heard of the 10G SFP+ 10GBASE-T modules offered by several vendors, is it worthy trying?
  10. M

Wireless (WiFi) Access Point Rec?

I second Ryc, have used the Ubnt AP series, it seems good !
  11. M

Any decent 10GBase-t switches

I will recommend you to use the Huawei S6700 series swithes. The price is not so high and the quality is great !
  12. M

Every Month another cable order

I am just a junior fiber optic technician for a small company, would you mind if I ask why do you need so many cables? For me, I only buy the new cables when needing to upgrade my network or replace the old ones.
  13. M

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

The QSA module is rare on the market and quite experience than the QSFP+ to SFP+ breakout cables. Why would you just buy breakout cables from fs.com? That might be more cost-effective.
  14. M

Twinax Infiniband Cables - Speed Issue

The difference between active and passive copper cables is the length and signal strength. Passive twinax cables is being used between the server and the Top of Rack (ToR) switch within 5m. The upside in this configuration is that the passive twinax cabling connection is much cheaper than the...
  15. M

Recommendation for 48 port POE and non-POE switch

For my understanding, I think it is ok for you to mix use the different brand switches. My existing switches is from ubiquiti, it is great ! You can have a look at their website!