Any decent 10GBase-t switches

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Just wondering if there are any decent switches that support at least 8 ports for 10GBase-t that also has SPF+ ports on it? I was looking at the Ubnt however it only has four ports on it.

I picked one of these systems up today for a song Supermicro | Products | SuperServers | 2U | 2028TP-HTTR wondering if I should bother with the 10GBase-t ports or buy a dual 10GB PCI-e card to use in them.

Thanks for any help.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
What's your budget? And how many SFP+ ports do you need in addition to the 8 copper?

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
We'd want at least 4 ports for the SFP+
Budget wise not 100% sure yet on that kind of looking to see if it's worth the price for us to go that route and use the network cards on the system or if we would be better off buying dual 10Gbps SFP+ cards and using our current 10G switches we have currently. If we didn't pick up the four node system for $600 we would have bought one that came with SFP+ ports.

Mark Wilde

Aug 21, 2016
I will recommend you to use the Huawei S6700 series swithes. The price is not so high and the quality is great !