Xeon E5 ES friendly server motherboard with IP KVM?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
Hi there,

I've reached the bottleneck of my Lenovo TS440 machine and I am looking at upgrading to the E5 2600 v4 (or v3) LGA2011-3 series CPUs, it looks like there are a few "engineering samples" out there going for cheaper than retail.

I was wondering is there a list somewhere listing the motherboard manufacturer and the models that has been tested to work fine with these unofficial "engineering samples" CPUs?

I've seen a lot of mention of X99 boards that support them but I am looking for a server grade motherboard that allows remote management (IP KVM/IPMI 2.0).... I am also curious if Lenovo server motherboards allow ES cpus since Lenovo hardware seems to be cheap on ebay (vs. dell, hp).

Thanks in advance...

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
any of them in general should work? or are there a few that are picky?

I haven't had the best of luck with Supermicro in the past (super picky about ECC ram - but that board was an X8)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I've never had a problem with them with E5 ES and I've tried well over a dozen different x9 and x10 boards with them.

Reactions: Gio