X12SPL-F Failing to boot after Bios

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
I will be interested in what letter I will receive tomorrow from super micro, I wrote them a very long letter in support, like the Declaration of Independence :D
I completely forgot that every time you update the BIOS you need to turn off the power and reset the BIOS

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
I'm confused: you mean the system is running DURING the bios update?
I did this once with a x10 board and it messed up something in the bios or the intel me things making the system unbootable and unflashable.
X10 systems can be easily flashed using the ch341a programmer clothespin
I’ve done this from personal experience several dozen times
in addition, you can easily make a modified BIOS

Last edited:

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
guys I have a new problem
after updating BMC and BIOS to the latest version
the fans are loaded at full power and after 1-2 seconds they are reduced and so on cyclically
In addition, the LED next to Nvme
1710487299537.png

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I'm confused: you mean the system is running DURING the bios update?
means what it says. remove AC for some time and plug in again.
the BMC and PCH are working with standby power, and the PCH Firmware is reloaded.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
guys I have a new problem
after updating BMC and BIOS to the latest version
the fans are loaded at full power and after 1-2 seconds they are reduced and so on cyclically
In addition, the LED next to Nvme
#####################################################################################################
WARNING!
Please do not download / upgrade the BIOS/Firmware UNLESS your system has a BIOS/Firmware-related issue. Flashing the wrong BIOS/Firmware can cause irreparable damage to the system.

In no event shall Supermicro be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental,or consequential damages arising from a BIOS/Firmware update.
#####################################################################################################
every time you update Firmware you risk brick the board.
this becomes never ending story and waste of time.
i am out, sorry.

Reactions: AVID-MEDIA

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
WARNING!
Please do not download / upgrade the BIOS/Firmware UNLESS your system has a BIOS/Firmware-related issue. Flashing the wrong BIOS/Firmware can cause irreparable damage to the system.
i am out, sorry.
Thanks for the advice I’ll keep it in mind, but I still want to ask the question why companies release new BIOS