AU WTB: SAS2 4tb+ 2.5" SSDs - no rush though

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TonyArrr

Sep 22, 2021
Straylia
My array has now hit 50% capacity so I'm starting to look for the next set of drives to add into it.

I have 6 bays that can take SAS 12Gbs drives, so if you have drives over 4TB you're looking to rehome hit me up. I don't really have any particular models in mind, will briefly research any that are offered. Would like to know power on hours, current amount of data written, and maximum measured temperature if you can get it, or just dump the SMART output if you can get that but aren't bother to filter it for me :p

Oh, if it's QLC, I'm not interested, to save you time :)

I'll bump the thread whenever I remember while I'm still looking for drives.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: as suggested, here's some more "narrow down" info
2.5" drives. SATA 3 minimum, would prefer SAS 6Gb or 12Gb.
I don't wanna really lock in a price target so much, as other features of offered drives (say PLP, durability ratings and existing health) can play a lot into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Since you can take basically sas or sata drives, keep an eye out in the great deals forum as well as check out some of the previous listings as they are usually still active.

Reactions: TonyArrr

abq

May 23, 2015
May help to identify a desired price range with traits (e.g. $90 per TB, SAS 12g interface, 2.5" form factor;).

TonyArrr

Sep 22, 2021
Straylia
May help to identify a desired price range with traits (e.g. $90 per TB, SAS 12g interface, 2.5" form factor;).
Ah, of course!

2.5" drives. SATA 3 minimum, would prefer SAS 6Gb or 12Gb.
I don't wanna really lock in a price target so much, as other features of offered drives (say PLP, durability ratings and existing health) can play a lot into that.

mrpasc

Jan 8, 2022
Munich, Germany
I have up to 15 pcs of Samsung PM863a 3.84TB SATA ones for sale. They all have around 1k TB written and 91…93 percent remaining life. Asking only 200 EUR each.
But I am located in the EU, afraid horrible shipping costs….