Wasmachineman's Water Cooling Adventures

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
man it pisses me off how many people on German eBay refuse to allow PayPal Goods & Services payments, it very ****ing clearly says so in the PayPal Terms of Service you are not allowed to refuse G&S payments.

I missed out on a bunch of well-priced WC stuff because of this shit :(

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
many people on German eBay refuse to allow PayPal Goods & Services payments
ebay.de uses Ayden as payment service.
the seller does not know if you pay with paypal or with something else.
it is not allowed to pay directly with paypal to the seller (avoidance of fees)

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
ebay.de uses Ayden as payment service.
the seller does not know if you pay with paypal or with something else.
it is not allowed to pay directly with paypal to the seller (avoidance of fees)
I meant eBay Kleinanzeigen but my point still stands.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Time to get this show on the road, my USA contact shipped my stuff. As soon I get an idea when FedEx arrives at my doorstep I'll disassemble the VR rig.

Now what should I do with the old case... put dual 3090 Tis in it for AI shit/SSVRCBot etc? :thinking:

Last edited:

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Saw there's a ****ton of crazing in the plexiglas of the TechN block so I took it out of service and will likely replace it with the OptimusPC block I ordered off PPCS, or the Alphacool Core 1, not sure yet.

Reactions: Keith Myers

Keith Myers

Oct 10, 2020
Why I was so afraid of any plexiglass block from any vendor until I bought into the Kool-Aid party line of Optimus' use of cast acrylic and diamond polishing. Been using nothing but their blocks since their inception. My blocks are still crystal clear with no sign of crazing or stress fractures after 4 years of use.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
I really, really wish Radeon VIIs would stop having full retard prices. €400 for one, **** outta here lmfao you can almost get ex-mining 3090s for not much more.

Or for gaming: 2080 Tis and 3080s are around the same price.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
This shit makes my ****ing blood boil. I ordered this off Performance-PCs:

And I received... two Black Nickel Rotary T-fittings. And they also sent me the wrong rad off their eBay store. GOD DAMN IT

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
In other news, I finished buttoning up the VR rig and the external WC. I decided to go with Fleetguard Compleat OAT because I was getting a bit tired of seeing silicate buildup everywhere.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
This shit makes my ****ing blood boil. I ordered this off Performance-PCs:

And I received... two Black Nickel Rotary T-fittings. And they also sent me the wrong rad off their eBay store. GOD DAMN IT
Mistake on my part, I confused my Titanrig order with PPCS. The above order was delivered right after my contact shipped out my stuff.

Still, they sent me the wrong rad which i'm a bit pissed off, even though U-flow is much better in the D7XL.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Saw there's a ****ton of crazing in the plexiglas of the TechN block so I took it out of service and will likely replace it with the OptimusPC block I ordered off PPCS, or the Alphacool Core 1, not sure yet.
I went with the Alphacool Core 1 and i'm very happy so far, it performs on par with the TechN block I had.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
PPCS was so based to give me a 50% refund on the rad and I get to keep it. 420 GTS for €30, hey I ain't complaining that it's not-Xflow anymore lol

Even more based is Fractal Design who sent me 8 spare panel clips for my Define cases since they're broken!

Last edited:

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Idiot me accidentally dropped the VR rig and now the case is broken :( or rather, it's lost quite a lot of structural integrity.

That's another €240 down the drain for a D7XL or Meshify 2 XL, GOD DAMN IT

EDIT: €218 at Azerty for a new D7XL. Hope I can recoup some of the cost by selling the ****ed case!

Last edited: