US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Have a Buffalo TeraStation TS3210DN - TeraStation™ 3210 (TS3210DN) - Buffalo Technology that's collecting dust. I tried to sell this here, but no bites so I am hoping someone can use this otherwise, this is getting trashed. I just ask you to cover UPS Shipping (or if you are outside of the US, to send me a pre-paid UPS label so you can take care of customs etc. etc)

This comes with 2x 2TB drives and sorry @Samir , you need to give someone else a chance :)
Kind of extreme to trash it as my offer to pay you something for it still stands. I'm here if no one else takes it.

RayNelson

Feb 8, 2020
Have a Buffalo TeraStation TS3210DN - TeraStation™ 3210 (TS3210DN) - Buffalo Technology that's collecting dust. I tried to sell this here, but no bites so I am hoping someone can use this otherwise, this is getting trashed. I just ask you to cover UPS Shipping (or if you are outside of the US, to send me a pre-paid UPS label so you can take care of customs etc. etc)

This comes with 2x 2TB drives and sorry @Samir , you need to give someone else a chance :)
I can PM you my Paypal info if you want to send an invoice for shipping. I have a friend who has been looking for a backup solution for their two laptops at home. I have a robust network for myself, but this would be helping out a close friend.

Reactions: Samir

gerald191146

Oct 1, 2022
Los Angeles

PM'd

bluestang

Mar 6, 2017

Claimed by @ bluestang
Received today in great condition...much appreciated @Hazily2019 :)

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
I have three Dell 6TDVN SAS Expanders sitting in a drawer in my little server room. I have no idea if they work or not (I have a feeling I killed one or two by giving +12v on the +5v pin), but if someone wants to take a chance on them, they're free (just pay shipping or pickup in 98030 - I think I can cram them all in a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope, so $10.40 to ship). (I won't even begrudge you if you take them off my hands, validate/refurbish them, and re-sell them on eBay (they go for a pretty penny these days) :) )

For more info on these, see: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dell-6tdvn-sas-expander.22973/

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
I have three Dell 6TDVN SAS Expanders sitting in a drawer in my little server room. I have no idea if they work or not (I have a feeling I killed one or two by giving +12v on the +5v pin), but if someone wants to take a chance on them, they're free (just pay shipping or pickup in 98030 - I think I can cram them all in a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope, so $10.40 to ship). (I won't even begrudge you if you take them off my hands, validate/refurbish them, and re-sell them on eBay (they go for a pretty penny these days) :) )

For more info on these, see: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dell-6tdvn-sas-expander.22973/
I'll take a chance

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Free to whomever wants it, just pay shipping:

Dual Opteron (I have long since forgotten which ones)
48GB DDR2
Supermicro H8DME-2-BL002 rev 2.01a
3x Supero SAT2-MV8 rev 3.00 PCI-X cards
If no one ends up wanting this, don't trash it and get in touch with me. :) It's like I run a shelter for old working hardware, lol.

Nov 6, 2023
If anybody has an IBM POWER9 Sforza CPU in "like new" condition, I'd like to have it. I'm also looking for a POWER9 Lagrange and an Ampere Altra or Altra Max to go with it. eBay listings for these are priced much too high for my limited savings to justify and I'm only a small-potatoes chip collector with no income. Let me know if you can help me acquire these. This is my first time posting to one of these and Merry Christmas to everyone here.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
If anybody has an IBM POWER9 Sforza CPU in "like new" condition, I'd like to have it. I'm also looking for a POWER9 Lagrange and an Ampere Altra or Altra Max to go with it. eBay listings for these are priced much too high for my limited savings to justify and I'm only a small-potatoes chip collector with no income. Let me know if you can help me acquire these. This is my first time posting to one of these and Merry Christmas to everyone here.
Wrong site, try CPU-World instead.

Reactions: diggitydru

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
If no one ends up wanting this, don't trash it and get in touch with me. :) It's like I run a shelter for old working hardware, lol.
Tell me about it, I'm literally picking up random "free old computers" some of which actually good hardware. Then try to rebuild/repurpose and donate
If MadMax or apocalypse comes, I think STH guys would last pretty long given our "junkyard engineering" prowess

Kelvarr

Sep 1, 2022
Apologies. I forgot to update my post. Someone did take it, so you have one less mouth to feed

TeleFragger

Oct 26, 2016
I will jump in the freebie thread...
You cover shipping...

Molex 73929-0024 112-00084 SFP to SFP Small pluggable Interconnect cable 50cm

2x HP 10GBE SFP+ 5M DAC 537965-001 1109 HP REV A 2074260-6 PROLIANT X86 CABLE

cn-0w390d-74210-36b-00ne
Foxconn Dell 0W390D 2m External SAS Cable

406592-002 - HP 4m External Mini SAS Cable

sgi x-fsw-cop-3m
FC copper cable, high-speed style-2 balanced cable connector at each end

Sent to @Kelvarr - thx...

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and ant0shka

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
As usual, shipping (you provide the label) or local pickup in Phoenix (preferred since packaging materials still cost me money).

Gone - Have a handful of Lanner FW-7525C network appliances. They are OEM rebranded units that actually include WiFi too.

They power on, but won't post, so, I presume Atom C2000 defect to blame. Maybe one of you can make them work? I have not tried, nor do I have the time to.

If you need power adapters, I have some on hand, but they won't be free (just a few dollars each though).

Last edited: