Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
have you seen the cache difference ? .... L1 and L2? 5800u has double .... although im not 100% sure that slide is accurate

Last edited:

Snk B

Jul 19, 2022
have you seen the cache difference ? .... L1 and L2? 5800u has double .... so is normal to be more expensive and faster regardles of the 100mhz difference.

you can see how large ammounts of cache works well for zen compared to intel for example .... i would go for 5800u
Incorrect information.
They are the same cache:

https://www.amd.com/pt/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-5800u - 4MB L2 and 16MB L3

https://www.amd.com/pt/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-5825u - 4MB L2 and 16MB L3

Reactions: RiX

Snk B

Jul 19, 2022
Guys, clarifying the result of the slides:

Ryzen 5800u benchmarked at 25w setting while Ryzen 5825u benchmarked at 15w (see PassMark website), hence the 5825u's score is lower.
If the 5825u is also configured for 25w, its score exceeds 19k points (5825u configured for 35w, reaches 19315 points, I tested this configuration before setting up my environment)
----
The cache of both are:
5800u: 1024kb L1, 4MB L2 and 16MB L3
5825u: 512kb L1, 4MB L2 and 16MB L3

Reactions: RiX and rfox

Becks0815

Oct 15, 2022
I don't own the device but on Loksing is a review with screenshots concerning power consumption.
Oh wow, that's not a lot. And if other devices with 6-10W power consumption can be run fanless then it should be possible to keep the 5600U quiet for most of the time. Plug a good fan (Noctua) in it, and you have a system which easily should be able to run pfsense/opnsense plus some more systems in vms without problems.

yahyoh

Sep 9, 2022
It seems Topton is still lying and they dont have any stock, they provided me with Aramex tracking number since 3 days and still showing invalid/no data available. i should have ordered from CWWK *facepalm*.

update: they told me that Aramex stopped shipping devices with batteries huh!

Attachments

Last edited:

dums

Aug 14, 2022
So I finally had some time to do some testing and I can confirm that if you are using v3 or v4 (v5 has an additional clock so does not have this limitation);
- Samsung Evo 970 and 980 Pro (and probably all their drives) require a clock so can only have one installed.
- WD Blue SN570, WD Green SN350, Seagate BarraCuda 510 no clock required so can install 2 drives.
I can add that JMB585 based M.2 -> SATA adapter also requires clock instance and is incompatible with Samsun 980 (but works just fine with WD Blue).

Reactions: Stovar

Go0oSeR

Jul 13, 2021
those with V2 machines ... new bios for you ...
I have a V2 I believe. MW-JSL2.5G-4LV10 is the sticker on my mobo. Is there a new bios? I'm still running the one that it shipped with. From April of 2022. I reached out to the vendor (Honor Box Store) for a BIOS update and they suggested one did not exist.

I was pretty lucky with the unit I recieved, thermals with Bare Metal pfsense install idle around 31 to 32 degrees C.

mephisto

Nov 6, 2013
London
I just purchased the Ryzen 7 5800U model from CWWK, no ram/storage. It was listed for £347, but then I used the code 11Scupoch18 or 11Scupoch6 and brought it down to £317. I tried the code 1111US30 that some of you guys mentioned, but it didn't work for the UK. This will be initially a baremetal opnsense box, but later I'll make it be a Windows 2022 server with hyper-v running opnsense, plex, backups, etc... Let's see how long it takes to arrive, the ETA on the website says 6th of December.

sqrwv

Oct 8, 2022
It seems Topton is still lying and they dont have any stock, they provided me with Aramex tracking number since 3 days and still showing invalid/no data available. i should have ordered from CWWK *facepalm*.

update: they told me that Aramex stopped shipping devices with batteries huh!
Did you select Aliexpress standard shipping or seller shipping method?

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
I just purchased the Ryzen 7 5800U model from CWWK, no ram/storage. It was listed for £347, but then I used the code 11Scupoch18 or 11Scupoch6 and brought it down to £317. I tried the code 1111US30 that some of you guys mentioned, but it didn't work for the UK. This will be initially a baremetal opnsense box, but later I'll make it be a Windows 2022 server with hyper-v running opnsense, plex, backups, etc... Let's see how long it takes to arrive, the ETA on the website says 6th of December.
Thanks for the 1111US30, it works. 30 bucks off :p

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022

mephisto

Nov 6, 2013
London
The dual coral module needs 2 PCIe lanes. One for each module.
Also good luck actually getting one. Mine has been on back order for over a year.
I found out on github that it is not just 2 lanes, it needs 2 busses. There is a guy making adapters that can use both TPUs, but it seems in general, most motherboards do not pass 2 busses to a pci-e E key slot, so the adapter needs to work like a switch getting 1 pci lane, divided into 2 busses with 2 lanes. I'll post the source here later.

Reactions: cat2devnull

T.Sharp

Oct 22, 2022
The WooYi N5100 i225 box arrived today. Ordered it the 22nd of Oct, it was marked as shipped on the 24th, so 2 weeks total.

It came with a knockoff "Delta" 12V 4A power supply. Looking up the model number shows a 48V PSU, but the build quality, sticker, weight and connectors are also a giveaway. I guess I shouldn't expect a name brand PSU with a $113 PC though.

I have the 1338NP-12 (ver. 1.4) board, and after playing around in the BIOS, I managed to get the idle power down to 5W (measured at the wall), sitting at the Win10 desktop with a 4k monitor plugged in. Without the monitor it goes down to 4W. This is using 2x4GB Samsung 3200 and 256GB Teamgroup MP33 SSD.

The only settings I changed in BIOS was under --- Chipset > PCH-IO Config > PCI-E Root Port (1-8) > ASPM set to Auto.
I did this for each PCI-E root port. EDIT : as well as DMI Link ASPM set to Auto.

I also noticed the seemingly high 1.7v Vcore reading in HWinfo, but this appears to be normal from what others have told me, because these chips use a FIVR (fully integrated voltage regulator) to regulate voltage at the die.

I did a teardown before even testing the machine, and it had a ~0.25mm gap between the aluminum riser block and CPU die. I sanded the scuffs out of the block and repasted it to the chassis, using a vise (with soft jaws ofc) to squeeze out excess paste. Then pasted and pressed the 0.3mm copper shims onto the block. Added kapton tape over the CPU substrate to avoid any risk of shorts. :p
A ~10 min prime95 small FFT test got the CPU to ~60c. Idle is ~35c.

The default PL is 15W/20W, and all-core turbo is set on override to 2.8GHz. (normally the max single core turbo speed).
Once it drops to the 15W limit, it's running about 2.6GHz all-core.

Last edited:

lukasig

Oct 31, 2022
The WooYi N5100 i225 box arrived today. Ordered it the 22nd of Oct, it was marked as shipped on the 24th, so 2 weeks total.

It came with a knockoff "Delta" 12V 4A power supply. Looking up the model number shows a 48V PSU, but the build quality, sticker, weight and connectors are also a giveaway. I guess I shouldn't expect a name brand PSU with a $113 PC though.

I have the 1338NP-12 (ver. 1.4) board, and after playing around in the BIOS, I managed to get the idle power down to 5W (measured at the wall), sitting at the Win10 desktop with a 4k monitor plugged in. Without the monitor it goes down to 4W. This is using 2x4GB Samsung 3200 and 256GB Teamgroup MP33 SSD.

The only settings I changed in BIOS was under --- Chipset > PCH-IO Config > PCI-E Root Port (1-8) > ASPM set to Auto.
I did this for each PCI-E root port. EDIT : as well as DMI Link ASPM set to Auto.

I also noticed the seemingly high 1.7v Vcore reading in HWinfo, but this appears to be normal from what others have told me, because these chips use a FIVR (fully integrated voltage regulator) to regulate voltage at the die.

I did a teardown before even testing the machine, and it had a ~0.25mm gap between the aluminum riser block and CPU die. I sanded the scuffs out of the block and repasted it to the chassis, using a vise (with soft jaws ofc) to squeeze out excess paste. Then pasted and pressed the 0.3mm copper shims onto the block. Added kapton tape over the CPU substrate to avoid any risk of shorts. :p
A ~10 min prime95 small FFT test got the CPU to ~60c. Idle is ~35c.

The default PL is 15W/20W, and all-core turbo is set on override to 2.8GHz. (normally the max single core turbo speed).
Once it drops to the 15W limit, it's running about 2.6GHz all-core.
thanks for the info especially the BIOS settings, T.Sharp

I have the exact same model (my first post)
The only difference with mine is that there is no gap between the processor and the aluminum heatsink. If anything, the heatsink might have been 0.2mm thicker than what should have been for a perfect fit. I will later try the BIOS settings you suggested and come back with a reply.
enjoy the new toy :)

Last edited: