Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
For those with the CWWK V4…

Temps before pulling this thing appart..

Cleaned up the thermal blocks used wet a dry 1200

Visible gap between the CPU and Copper thermal block...
View attachment 24393

Filling down the motherboard mounts

No more gap between the CPU and themal blocks
View attachment 24395

Puttting the thermal blocks back in place.. I didn't end up soldering them in.. I just cramped them in place with Noctua NT-H2 and fixed them in with better replacment screws

Temps after fixing that gap... ;)

i see you also have a flex in MB after file down ....same as mine ....that is from the NICs bloc which have the Z axis bigger then it should.... i think the factory gap is due to that in most of the cases.

Has anyone ran this without the Al block for nics ? .... i think it also needs to be filed down if you want a strait MB....or just removed

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
maybe ... this was the quick and dirty getto style fix :))) plus this way you reduce the number of gaps not increase it .... cpu>shim , gap , shim>cooperblock, gap ...
yeah ...you use thermal paste, but i doubd the heat transfer is more efficient via shim then direct

joeribl

Jun 6, 2021
Hi !

I'm reading this very useful thread but I might have missed answers to a couple of questions...

I'd like to buy one or two of those jasper like 4x 2.5 mini pc to replace my i7-3770 proxmox cluster (dell optiplex)

* I live in EU so buying from aliexpress is risky ( vat, 30€ fee from belgian custom....)
* I found this on amazon https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0BCKVJT1L/ where all taxes are included.
* there are 2 models: RJ03L adn RJ03M does someone know the differences ?

I have a few questions:
* Did someone buy from the same seller ? HUNSN
* where can I download bios/drivers updates ?
* is this board compatible with 32GB ram sticks ? ( like https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07ZLCVKPV/ )

Thanks in advance
Etienne
I guess you should ask to the seller. But they look like CWWK. As far as I can tell the M model comes with a Windows license and the L not.
Are you sure they ship from EU? I bought once something from Amazon.de and it turned out to be a dropshipper from China which never accomplished the delivery date.

Reactions: whocarez

johnknierim

Aug 1, 2022
Hi !

I'm reading this very useful thread but I might have missed answers to a couple of questions...

I'd like to buy one or two of those jasper like 4x 2.5 mini pc to replace my i7-3770 proxmox cluster (dell optiplex)

* I live in EU so buying from aliexpress is risky ( vat, 30€ fee from belgian custom....)
* I found this on amazon https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0BCKVJT1L/ where all taxes are included.
* there are 2 models: RJ03L adn RJ03M does someone know the differences ?

I have a few questions:
* Did someone buy from the same seller ? HUNSN
* where can I download bios/drivers updates ?
* is this board compatible with 32GB ram sticks ? ( like https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07ZLCVKPV/ )

Thanks in advance
Etienne
HNSUN is a great company to deal with. If you email them, they will not tell you directly which RAM will work, but they will send you pictures like the ones I have attached.

I prefer Crucial, but found that this RAM works fine and is less expensive:

The model I purchased from them is this one, similar, but different so YMMV:

Here is the reply I got from the very next day

Message from seller HUNSN:

Dear John Knierim,
Greetings.
Thank you for your order.

We've notice it's the barebone pc in your order. so it is without RAM or SSD/HDD as well without system installed.
And we would like to suggest the big brand RAM/SSD/HDD as your option to avoid any incompatible issue.
Branded original type of memory for your reference: Hynix, Micron Crucial, Kingston, Samsung etc.

When you hear one beep voice from the motherboard, don’t worry, it is a self-test voice.
After you've inserted the RAM, if there is no video out, no beep, no keyboard NumLock lit on, and the device lit shows on, generally it is memory incompatible issue. Here it may need you to change a suitable memory for another try. (Sometimes the ram chip design is not compatible with the PC motherboard even the big brand, so please try with a different original brand good quality RAM, as well memory type should be correct.)

This item, during post, press "F2" to BIOS, press "F12" to choose a device to boot up.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding ahead.
If there is any other question or concern using the device, please freely to contact us and we will be always here to help. Thank you.
Be well and have a nice day.
Sincerely,
Elena
HUNSN Customer Service

Attachments

Last edited:

ech1965

Apr 3, 2011
I guess you should ask to the seller. But they look like CWWK. As far as I can tell the M model comes with a Windows license and the L not.
Are you sure they ship from EU? I bought once something from Amazon.de and it turned out to be a dropshipper from China which never accomplished the delivery date.
THANKS a lot for the answers ( also from the others posters)
I don't really care being a drop ship or not provided amazon takes care of the vat, custom clearing.
It's written on the amazon page "prices include VAT"

Reactions: johnknierim

ech1965

Apr 3, 2011
Read on amazon.de product page

Model Number: HUNSN RJ03l
Storage: 2 x m.2 2280 nvme SSD and 1 x 2.5 inch SSD/HDD

Model Number: HUNSN RJ03m
Storage: 1 x m.2 2280 nvme SSD and 1 x 2.5 inch SSD/HDD

Looks like model l has 2 x M.2 slots and model M has only one slot...

( answer found on amazon.de q&a )

Gilly_1970

Aug 18, 2022
i see you also have a flex in MB after file down ....same as mine ....that is from the NICs bloc which have the Z axis bigger then it should.... i think the factory gap is due to that in most of the cases.
Yes, it has a tiny bit of flex the same as yours, but it insures the CPU has Max contact with the thermal block.

Gilly_1970

Aug 18, 2022
maybe ... this was the quick and dirty getto style fix :))) plus this way you reduce the number of gaps not increase it .... cpu>shim , gap , shim>cooperblock, gap ...
yeah ...you use thermal paste, but i doubd the heat transfer is more efficient via shim then direct
I agree, it might be a getto style hack but it works.. Whether it be grinding down the mounts or using shims.. any type of hack is better than non. Just leaving this unit to run as is will only end in tiers. Not sure we're you guys are from but in my neck of the woods (sub tropics) this unit would burn out in the first month of summer if I left it as is..

Last edited:

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
I agree, it might be a getto style hack but it works.. Whether it be grinding down the mounts or using shims.. any type of hack is better than non. Just leaving this unit to run as is will only end in tiers. Not sure we're you guys are from but in my neck of the woods (sub tropicals) this unit would burn out in the first month of summer if I left it as is..
Com'on now, we all know a smear of Vegemite will do the trick! LoL ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/psle4w Vegemite_Heatsink_Paste.png

Reactions: EasyRhino

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
After using this for a while I have come to realise that I really need a 6 port version of the V4. I don't suppose anyone has seen them yet?

TH_user

Aug 22, 2022
I filed down my mounts and closed the gap on my CPU and copper sink. It's been running at idle a few hours now.

Previously I was running system-56C, cpu-50C. After closing the gap I'm running system-54C, cpu-45C. This is a fanless system, no AC environment in the tropics.

Were I to start again I would not file down anything. I'd use CPU shims. I had looked into ordering some but they were coming from China and didn't want to wait. As it turned out I had to wait anyway as my SSD arrived DOA.

New SSD arrives tomorrow and I'll do some stress tests for a few days. If my temps peak too high I'll add a fan. I do have a case with a vented bottom but if I add a fan I may also pop out the plastic nubs in the wireless antenna holes so the unit can draw in outside air.

BTW my board is straight. I have no flex in the board. This model has six mounts and not four like in the V4 models.

If you do choose to file do not go at it like you're chopping down a tree. I filed for maybe 15 minutes. I thought I was checking the first of many fittings but it was already making contact. So you don't really have to remove a lot of material from the mounts if you go that route.

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2729.jpeg

IMG_2698 (1).jpeg

Reactions: Kaccatu and dazagrt

dums

Aug 14, 2022
New SSD arrives tomorrow and I'll do some stress tests for a few days. If my temps peak too high I'll add a fan. I do have a case with a vented bottom but if I add a fan I may also pop out the plastic nubs in the wireless antenna holes so the unit can draw in outside air.
Unless you're too worried about the looks, best option for tropics environment would be to run it without front/back panels as I don't think antenna holes are big enough for efficient air circulation. In this case fan should be oriented to blow air into ram/nvme.

Rdxzv

Sep 11, 2022
Damn. I just received my i226-V x 4 and N6005 from KingNovy, kinda mad with this ES CPU thing I'll have too boot up windows and launch CPU-Z to see..

Anyway you guys are speaking about CWWK but can't find anything about them ether by googling or typing directly on Ali ?

Snk B

Jul 19, 2022
Yes exactely this, no idea why I couldn't find them myself. Thanks.
You're welcome brother.

I liked to buy directly from them, despite being a little more expensive, because all the tests we did here on the forum, I asked that it be done on my new unit and they all did.
I know that when I receive my V4 N6005, everything will be ok.

Rdxzv

Sep 11, 2022
You're welcome brother.

I liked to buy directly from them, despite being a little more expensive, because all the tests we did here on the forum, I asked that it be done on my new unit and they all did.
I know that when I receive my V4 N6005, everything will be ok.
Yeah too late for me anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I received this one 166.55US $ 46% de réduction|Mini PC Pentium N6005 de 11e génération, ordinateur avec processeur intel i226 V, 2.5G, TPM2.0, 3x4K UHD, OPNs, Fanless, ESXi Proxmox | AliExpress with N6005 / 4GB / 128GB NVMe for €280, and I'm sure it'll be an ES CPU based on review here I'm already mad. But no way I send it back.

Also, Wireguard run at 100% CPU on OPNsense with wireguard-kmod over an 1 GB/s link, may it be because it's an ES CPU, or it has nothing to do with it ?