Top China Switch with 48x2.5G + 4x10G + 2x40G + redundant hotswap PSU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Xpea

Sep 9, 2023
Following 2 months ago video on the "$400 insane China Mega switch" that was published on youtube

I contacted the vendor to buy the new big brother switch that offers 48x2.5GbE + 4xSFP+@10GbE + 2xSFP28@40GbE :cool:.
This one uses a more powerful chip with 1280M switching bandwidth and 630Mbpps packet forwarding rate (vs ~850M and ~450Mbpps for the one reviewed by Patrick) . Bonus, I bought the top version with redundant hot-swappable PSU (this model is also available with a single internal PSU).
It just arrived today (3 days shipment, I live in China) and I took some quick pictures for your pleasure.
This model is a bit more expensive, but still an incredible value at $600 (with incl. 15% tax, free express shipping and 3 years replacement warranty that is only valid for Chinese mainland customers). The second PSU added $40 to the bill.

Will install it next week to replace a 10 years old UBNT EdgeSwitch 48-Lite. If you have any question, will be glad to answer

The Taobao link:
(by the way, the vendor is a very nice person who asked many question in order to be sure that the switch will fit the application. Excellent service overall)

PS: I don't have any affiliate link to this vendor. It's only to share my experience with the community

Attachments

Last edited: