Supermicro HTML5 iKVM arrived

Jun 5, 2017
Hey everyone!

I forgot to post back here... I mailed Supermicro about this issue, and they were kind enough to provide me with a beta firmware for my board (X11SSH-LN4F) with the new HTML5 iKVM console, and it works wonders! All my Java nightmares finally put to rest!

Moreover, and most ironically, this new beta *also* fixed the Java iKVM console itself, which I can now use from IPMIView20 on my Mac. So go figure! (also, and as a final treat, no more "You have to update to the latest Java runtime" browser alert that was driving me up a wall).

But well, hope that helps anyone reading this and dreading Java, don't be shy to write to Supermicro! (at their support address).

casperghst42

Sep 14, 2015
One very positive thing with HTML5/iKVM is that is works with OSX - at least with my X11SSH-F. Prior to this it was only supported with Linux and Windows.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
We have a Supermicro SYS-5018D-LN4T in the lab and I saw something I think STH-ers will be excited about: an initial HTML5 iKVM!

The HTML5 KVM functions are working as are the power on/ off. Virtual media still requires the Java app or using the web page:
View attachment 2873

Still, this is a very exciting development for those of us who want to move to a java-less environment.
does this only apply to newer boards or would older ones get this as well?