Supermicro 3.5 hard drive screws and labels $1.55

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
other than for hard drives, i notice that a lot of the Supermicro chassis screws use this exact same screw. I usually replace any screws I find on a used chassis i buy that have damage to the phillips head with these.

Reactions: anoother

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Thanks!

I was running low on these and actually ordered some of on ebay 3 weeks ago for $3 a bag, which is half the usual price, but USPS screwed up and says they were delivered, but they are nowhere to be found :( I just ordered these Amazon ones to tide me over at half that price - limit of 5 seems to have been removed too!

levifig

Nov 27, 2017
levifig.com
I should've bought more… I just got one and they're now out of stock! haha $1.55 with free 2-day shipping? Lord almighty: they biggest of #1stWorldBenefits ;D haha

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Thanks!

I was running low on these and actually ordered some of on ebay 3 weeks ago for $3 a bag, which is half the usual price, but USPS screwed up and says they were delivered, but they are nowhere to be found :( I just ordered these Amazon ones to tide me over at half that price - limit of 5 seems to have been removed too!
That happened to me with two SSDs I bought. My wife had a change of address order, and apparently the "Individual" tickbox does nothing because they started forwarding MY mail. Showed up on her doorstep. I ask her to mail them back to me with instructions on the box; her stepdad puts them in the mail and wisely threw away the receipt, so now we had no tracking number. *POOF* Now I have no clue where they were, and can't even file a claim or anything.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Looks like you can back order with stock expected 22nd January. What the heck, I'm in for 10. o_O

Thanks BLinux!

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Geez, how many servers do you peeps have?? I just got three and it feels like a lot!

Anyway, thanks for making the part number easily available. I bought one set on ebay because they have it in stock now. :)

As an aside, I was surprised that the blanks didn't come with more screws holding them in. Would've made life easier.

Some of the blanks have a solid bottom and it occurred to me that it'll make a great spot to store a bag of screws (secured with packing tape).

Last edited:

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
I finally got my ebay set of 5 packs, they came directly from Amazon, and indeed, somehow the USPS had delivered to some incorrect address, it had my last name in huge letters written in sharpie by the time I got it.

Does anyone know part numbers for the drive screw/label packs for larger JBODs like the 45-bay 847 or the 88-bay 2.5" 417? Only one of my 45-bay JBODs actually has trays numbered sequentially from 0-44 and the 24-bay packs are all I ever find for sale separately.

I consider it a bonus that the 3.5" dummy drives are installed with two proper drive screws. For 2.5" trays, the blanks are held in with 4x super-coarse thread screws which only work for holding the blanks in. Fortunately I already have enough 2.5" drive screws for all of my trays, but if a deal like this shows up for the 2.5" screws, I'll probably pick up a few packs to be safe.

There is nothing more annoying than finally having the time to work on something and realizing you are short some small part like these screws!

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Gaaah! I missed out! But in any case it wouldn't have worked out because I am in the UK and the shipping costs would have been prohibitive anyway.

Does anybody have recommendations for an equivalent product that is not Supermicro-branded but still does the job perfectly well? Perhaps something by Startech? Or maybe Mouser or Farnell stocks something?

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
This isn't over guys. Still listed at $1.55 sold by Amazon. Some times the default listing shows other sellers; but look at under the "other sellers on Amazon" and you'll see it's still $1.55 sold by Amazon.