Super Cheap Hitachi UltraStar C10k600 450GB 2.5" TCG Encryption Hard Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jmck

Apr 4, 2013
I just emailed their support asking for the generic firmware. Guess the worst they could say is no.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
I just emailed their support asking for the generic firmware. Guess the worst they could say is no.
Was going to do the same, lol. I think I'll hold off on emailing them, might raise suspicion if tons of people start emailing the same thing. :)

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Doing some more research, looks to me like the HUC106045CSS600 (450GB, no encryption) disk was sold through HP. There are 3 disks on this page HERE that fit the description. But I think it is;

HP part #: EG0450FBDBT
Spare part #: 581310-001
Current FW File Version: HPDA

When you search Hitachi EG0450FBDBT and(or) 581310-001 you will find references to Hitachi/HP HUC106045CSS600 (like HERE and HERE). Might have given it 3 part numbers over the course of time. HPDA firmware link. Check version history tab for older versions. No idea if trying to load an HP firmware would even be possible, just dumping info here for people.

Reactions: Emulsifide

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
They accepted my offer over the weekend but yet to receive the invoice. Sent a message yesterday and no response yet either

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia
They accepted my offer over the weekend but yet to receive the invoice. Sent a message yesterday and no response yet either

Same here, no invoice or reply yet. Accepted offer a few days back... Hmm

sachem87184

Feb 3, 2015
2 out of the 3 B/O I did got accepted for the $15. One of those two I got shipping quotes on in less than a couple of hours, second one I haven't got a quote with shipping yet.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Same. No final invoice sent with shipping quote. Probably going to call later today.

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia
Can you ask on my behalf too? I'm in Australia and really not interested in paying that much to ask someone to pull their finger out aha.

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014

Same here, no invoice or reply yet. Accepted offer a few days back... Hmm

Same. No final invoice sent with shipping quote. Probably going to call later today.
I sent another message thru eBay shopping cart. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Guys, relax and be patient with regard to the invoice. We just flooded them with purchase requests. They do actual shipping costs, which means they need to package everything up, measure the size of the packaging, and weight it. Not to mention, I just bought 250 hard drives over the weekend :p

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Guys, relax and be patient with regard to the invoice. We just flooded them with purchase requests. They do actual shipping costs, which means they need to package everything up, measure the size of the packaging, and weight it. Not to mention, I just bought 250 hard drives over the weekend :p
lol, that's why I'm waiting for the end of today before contacting them.

Nelius

Dec 5, 2012
Denmark
I (finally) got a quote for the 69 drives i ordered. only 60 USD.
As i am planning to resell at least some of these drives, any members based in europe that feel shipping costs are too high for them to order their own drives directly can contact me and i will sell the drives at cost + shipping and VAT.