SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
I'll be curious to see if you get the 960GB or the 1.92TB and how much life is left. :D
I am curious about that as well. The title, description, and photos say 1.92TB but the item specification says 960GB. It's eBay, it's always a risky buy even if it's guaranteed.

I have bought items from Newegg via eBay before and it was listed as "Brand New" but I received a manufacturer refurbished white-box. It was a fairly expensive Asus x299 WS workstation motherboard but was discounted by $100. It seemed fine so I kept it. A few months after I started seeing issues with RAM detection. Reseated the ram sticks and the problem was solved. Fast forward a year (during lockdown) half of the memory slots stopped working. I contacted Asus and that began a year of back and forth because they did not have a spare motherboard to replace due to the age of the motherboard and supply issues.

eBay is usually the place where I buy things with almost no expectations and want to gamble a bit.

Reactions: Samir

Glock24

May 13, 2019
I just asked the seller for info about the drive's health.

In the meantime I got 3x960GB Micron 5200 Pro for $72 each, one with 5.7TB writes, the other two with less than 500GB writes.

Reactions: gb00s and Samir

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Ebay search have always been extremly bad, but making it impossible to not filter locations away makes it extremely hard to exclude chinese or US stuff for us europeans.
Cant say ive noticed any diffrence over the last years tbh or had much of a problem regarding it.
Just use a european ebay domain for more options and set filters for what you are looking for.

Tho it would be nice to have a VAT registered seller filter/marker.
Gotta open listings to check if seller is VAT enabled now.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
These guys follow our threads. They know when their items catch on, and they start to hold out for higher prices. The inital acceptance was to drive attention.

I would be shocked if they accept $76 per drive again, but if they do, then its a very good deal. For $110-$120 still isnt horrible for a 2TB MLC, but the usage is questionable.

For deals like this, I say wait and see. They have stock for now. I see like over 90 pieces. Dont be rushed to send offers. I mean, dont get this seller too excited with all your offers. It starts to get to their heads, and then they start raising prices.

Trust me my friends. You gotta think like a seller, and buy when your interests align with theirs. Anything else, and you pay too much.
Yea I was just thinking this.

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Amazon has Crucial MX500 2TB for $106 before taxes as part of their early sales. Brand new drive and if I remember correctly crucial provides 5 years warranty.
Except you cannot compare an enterprise drive to a consumer drive in any way - even if they give you 5 years warranty.

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

bilson

Oct 5, 2016
Only serious advantage can be capacitor protection for power fail. And even with capacitor protection, if it's data you care about you back it up. No question about that. At the same price, I would take the brand new drive with warranty without question. Also Crucial is one of the top vendors along with samsung, not a low tier supplier.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Only serious advantage can be capacitor protection for power fail. And even with capacitor protection, if it's data you care about you back it up. No question about that. At the same price, I would take the brand new drive with warranty without question. Also Crucial is one of the top vendors along with samsung, not a low tier supplier.
Endurance... 0.2 DWPD with the MX500.

bilson

Oct 5, 2016
That is true, I missed the sandisk has 0.6. I guess it will depend on your use case then. I don't have write heavy usage so for me it didn't matter, but I can see the value for others.

BackupProphet

Jul 2, 2014
Stavanger, Norway
olavgg.com
PLP is not about safety, but performance. As long the SSD honors fsync it is safe to use.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
These guys follow our threads. They know when their items catch on, and they start to hold out for higher prices. The inital acceptance was to drive attention.

I would be shocked if they accept $76 per drive again, but if they do, then its a very good deal. For $110-$120 still isnt horrible for a 2TB MLC, but the usage is questionable.

For deals like this, I say wait and see. They have stock for now. I see like over 90 pieces. Dont be rushed to send offers. I mean, dont get this seller too excited with all your offers. It starts to get to their heads, and then they start raising prices.

Trust me my friends. You gotta think like a seller, and buy when your interests align with theirs. Anything else, and you pay too much.
^^^^ This is how to beat The STH Effect™ (not actually trademarked, but looks cooler this way, lol)

Reactions: Sleyk

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Or they're just overseas in china basically cred stuffing the search algorithm...
A little of both. They're probably sitting on a really old codebase that they are hesitant to revamp. There are sections of eBay that seem like it hasn't changed since the 90s. It was only maybe a year or two ago that they revamped the bid and offer retraction pages and their functionality. TBH it's not the developers, it's just bad management at the top. They're probably too busy waging campaigns against people that criticize their aging tech and questionable business practices.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
A little of both. They're probably sitting on a really old codebase that they are hesitant to revamp. There are sections of eBay that seem like it hasn't changed since the 90s. It was only maybe a year or two ago that they revamped the bid and offer retraction pages and their functionality. TBH it's not the developers, it's just bad management at the top. They're probably too busy waging campaigns against people that criticize their aging tech and questionable business practices.
I actually don't have any issues with old code as long as it works the way it's supposed to, which generally most code does until someone starts to 'hack' on it. I have a friend that does DOD level security clearance programming and he is very old school in proper structure, formatting, and commenting--and today even at these levels, the powers that be just want some hack job to 'get the job done' with the shortsightedness of a spider.

I especially think forcing UI changes because 'they are no longer in style' is a complete and utter waste of resources because people go to web sites to get something done, not 'oohhh and aahhh' about how pretty it is--and those that are doing this probably aren't contributing in a significant way to that site's revenue anyways.

Every brand is about defending itself these days, even when wrong--because it's all about the money. When the foundation of a company is based on questionable/flexible ethics, this corruptive outcome is pretty much inevitable.

Reactions: Sleyk