SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and zac1

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Reactions: Samir

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
that is a heck of a lowball offer acceptance! Nearly what they are listing their 960GB drive for.

edit: this is the ebay store for serverpartsdeals, better known for selling refurb hard drives and also operating the Water Panther brand.

They are also listing these SSDs on their website at a lower price than ebay. (but not as low as that accepted offer!)
Refurbished: SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen. II SDLF1CRR-019T-1HA1 1.92TB SATA 2.5 SSD — ServerPartDeals.com
Yea it's a pretty low offer. I figured why not, it's refurbished (also the ebay app suggested that it's the lowest price they were selling for). I was a bit confused because the item description has it listed as 960GB. I have bought drives from them before, decent customer service. But it makes me wonder if they had somehow mistaken my offer for the other listing. I didn't realize the 960GB version was up for sale by them at nearly the same price until you mentioned it.

Last edited:

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Any idea on usage, I see these are rather low endurance?
0.6 DWPD
Spec says 2.1 PB written in lifetime for the 1.92TB drives - my guess is that is suficcient for _ALL_ homelab purposes :) Unless you have a very write heavy application.

People usually overestimate how much data they write by an order of magnitute or more.

Also it seem like it has PLP - so it does not lose data if the OS has not called Flush.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
As a side note, not related at all to SSD's - has anyone else noticed that the "Item location" filter is gone from ebay - and the advanced search "Location" filter simply does not work.

Ebay search have always been extremly bad, but making it impossible to not filter locations away makes it extremely hard to exclude chinese or US stuff for us europeans.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
As a side note, not related at all to SSD's - has anyone else noticed that the "Item location" filter is gone from ebay - and the advanced search "Location" filter simply does not work.

Ebay search have always been extremly bad, but making it impossible to not filter locations away makes it extremely hard to exclude chinese or US stuff for us europeans.
Item location is still available for me. Although eBay search feature has always been terrible. Maybe they disabled it for EU?

1665416272522.png

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I think search is broken if you do not live in the US - filtering does not work - when I use the advanced search and select "EU only" - I get US results exclusively, when I select "UK & Ireland" - I get german results - and so forth.
Ebay search have always been terrible, this new "feature" they introduced and that many non-us customers complain about - just makes the suckiness complete.
Ebay must have the worst programmers in the world.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Nice find, thank you. I got 4x S3510 1.6TB SATA SSDs for $70/ea. Only .3 DWPD though, and I have no idea the condition.

Worth returning and giving these a shot?

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Nice find, thank you. I got 4x S3510 1.6TB SATA SSDs for $70/ea. Only .3 DWPD though, and I have no idea the condition.

I would take Intel DC SSD's over anything else :) - but these seems nice though - so unless you really need the 400GB extra storage, I would be happy with your intels :)

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Well, I guess this thread answers my question about who buys used SSD's of unknown health.

The last used SSD I bought said at least 95% health in the listing. The drive I got had ~13.5k power on hours hours on it and only 36GB written to it out of the 7PB it's rated for. o_O

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Well, I guess this thread answers my question about who buys used SSD's of unknown health.
Free returns means little risk. I guess your reply tells me all I need to know about your ability to assess risk.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018

If you can get them for the same price, I would say yes. You do get a bit more storage space with these as well.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018

The last used SSD I bought said at least 95% health in the listing. The drive I got had ~13.5k power on hours hours on it and only 36GB written to it out of the 7PB it's rated for. o_O
Haha yea. I don't intend on storing anything important on them anyway. They are going to be used for my game library over ISCSI so if they die, that's fine. Plus this seller offers 1-year store warranty apparently.

Last edited:

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Free returns means little risk. I guess your reply tells me all I need to know about your ability to assess risk.
I can't help it that you don't value your time, but I do. My time is worth more to me than fussing with buying and returning stuff on eBay. Additionally, it's a bit of a dick move since the seller made no claims about the life left and you know you're rolling the dice with a used SSD. If I care about the life left / health of the SSD, I buy from a seller that explicitly guarantees me what I'll get in that regard even if it costs me a few more dollars up front.

I've never returned something bought on eBay unless it was materially different from the listing in a way that mattered to me. I guess your reply tells me all I need to know about your ability to value your time and more...

• Haha
Reactions: Cruzader