Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
@Seaside , I get an error about dependency when I created the thing file
Cool that you want to test it!
Yeah you need the Linux dependency expect.
What are you running on?
If you are running on a debian/ubuntu based system just open a console and write:
sudo apt install expect

Expect is used in order to interact with the cli.
I'll update the readme about the deps.

/S

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Cool that you want to test it!
Yeah you need the Linux dependency expect.
What are you running on?
If you are running on a debian/ubuntu based system just open a console and write:
sudo apt install expect

Expect is used in order to interact with the cli.
I'll update the readme about the deps.

/S
I am actually running OH as a docker in ubuntu VM (esxi). So do i just install expect in ubuntu? Any other dependencies needed?
Thanks again for making the binding!

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
I am actually running OH as a docker in ubuntu VM (esxi). So do i just install expect in ubuntu? Any other dependencies needed?
Thanks again for making the binding!
It needs ssh (client) and bash, those usually are installed, the binding will not check if they are installed its only looking for expect since that is a somewhat odd dependency.

Regards S

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Hmm.. my OH docker container cannot seem to access the expect depencies I install in ubuntu.
any ideas how to overcome this?

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
What happens when you write "expect" using a terminal?
This is on my ubuntu:

Code:
[12:39:14] openhab@zodiac:~$ expect
expect1.1>
The script that's exectured by openhab looks like this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash -
if ! command -v expect &> /dev/null
then
    echo "Expect is not installed, install using \"apt install -y expect\""
    exit 127
fi
echo "Expect is already installed!"
exit 0
You can try and store that to a .sh (script.sh) file:
and then
chmod u+x script.sh
./script.sh and see what it returns.

Should be:
Code:
[12:42:45] openhab@zodiac:~$ ./script.sh
Expect is already installed!
If it's not installed then try and reinstall it. If it is installed by still not working, you will have to enable debug logs in openhab and send me.
Also I've done a couple of bug fixes, although not related to this, you should still see if you can update to the latest snapshot,

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
@epicurean
It's a bit problematic since you want to install openssh-client and expect.
I created a fork of the docker image here:

where I added openssh-client and expect.
so

Code:
git clone seaside1/openhab-docker
cd openhab-docker/2.5.7/debian
docker build --tag openhab/openhab .

Then create the container with all params as usually, make sure to use image openhab/openhab:latest

> docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                    COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
e8e6839cdf47        openhab/openhab:latest   "/entrypoint.sh gosu…"   8 minutes ago       Up 8 minutes                            openhab

~> docker exec -it e8e6839cdf47  /bin/bash
root@myhost:/openhab# expect
expect1.1>

Last edited:

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
@epicurean
It's a bit problematic since you want to install openssh-client and expect.
I created a fork of the docker image here:

where I added openssh-client and expect.
so

Code:
git clone seaside1/openhab-docker
cd openhab-docker/2.5.7/debian
docker build --tag openhab/openhab .

Then create the container with all params as usually, make sure to use image openhab/openhab:latest

> docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                    COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
e8e6839cdf47        openhab/openhab:latest   "/entrypoint.sh gosu…"   8 minutes ago       Up 8 minutes                            openhab

~> docker exec -it e8e6839cdf47  /bin/bash
root@myhost:/openhab# expect
expect1.1>
Thank you Sir, I will try this forked version

Reactions: Sealside

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
Hello my question is very simple I can't find the Ruckus controller mobile app for iOS I know that this kind of app is for Android but I can't find proper one for iPhone (not IPad). My point is to simply block a specific users using your iPhone.

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
How do you install "inside the container"?
Hi!
Connect to the container i.e: docker exec -it [container_id] /bin/bash
apt install expect
apt install openssh-client

But you probably won't be able to run apt unless you modify sources.list
That's why I cloned the docker repo and added expect and openssh-client to when the image is built, in other words
you install it in the container by building the image per instructions in my previous reply.

Regards, S

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks @Sealside. But this would mean I need your help in creating a forked version for the OH updates (Eg 2.5.8 to 3 )as well in order to have the expect and openssh-client with it?

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
Thanks @Sealside. But this would mean I need your help in creating a forked version for the OH updates (Eg 2.5.8 to 3 )as well in order to have the expect and openssh-client with it?
Yes, unless you change it yourself, it is only two lines added to the DOCKERFILE. The other option is if some people are using the binding to merge it with openhab, then it is probably easier to motivate them to add the deps to docker. Last option is to change the binding to not use command line expect and ssh. That is somewhat tricky since the ruckus-cli is not behaving like a regular ssh server, I guess it could be done but would probably require some research, testing and implementation.

Regards S

Reactions: epicurean