Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Vesalius

Nov 25, 2019
I think it was on zd but not 100%. I've looked at the article the problem is that the webgui is not available. It responds to ping, it queries for ip, it launches the island-xxxx wirlessnet, but I cant login using default credentials. It does not respond to ssh.
to be clear, you have factory reset the AP?

"Factory default the AP by holding in the reset button for 10 seconds. This will reset the APs IP address to 192.168.0.1."

Vesalius

Nov 25, 2019
Yeah multiple times, holding as long as several minutes.
The fact that you can see an island-xxxx wirlessnet means the AP has been reset from what I know. Can you bring up the web interface at all or does your Browser just time out and never bring it up? Or does it come up and the default Username/Password not work. If powered by POE, is your switch managed or unmanaged? If a managed switch is your POE port passing everything to and from the AP to whatever you are using to connect. I used a dumb POE switch I happened to have around and only connected the AP and my desktop to it to take everything else out of the equation. You have probably seen this but just in case:

Last edited:

Sealside

May 10, 2019
Stockholm/Sweden
The fact that you can see an island-xxxx wirlessnet means the AP has been reset from what I know. Can you bring up the web interface at all or does your Browser just time out and never bring it up?
No web interface available at all, same as ssh.
I powered with an external 2.5A adapter and connected it directly to my laptop which was configured with a static 192.168.0.20 ip and gw set to 192.168.0.1. Seems it is not booting fully since ssh is not available. Returning it, I.believe it's bricked somehow. I'll see if I can find another.

Thanks for the input

Vesalius

Nov 25, 2019
No web interface available at all, same as ssh.
I powered with an external 2.5A adapter and connected it directly to my laptop which was configured with a static 192.168.0.20 ip and gw set to 192.168.0.1. Seems it is not booting fully since ssh is not available. Returning it, I.believe it's bricked somehow. I'll see if I can find another.

Thanks for the input
Glad you can return. Good AP and robust, when someone does not sell you a lemon.

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
I think it was on zd but not 100%. I've looked at the article the problem is that the webgui is not available. It responds to ping, it queries for ip, it launches the island-xxxx wirlessnet, but I cant login using default credentials. It does not respond to ssh.
Make sure you are on the right subnet and try to access the webgui with http:// https:// (forgot witch it was) for me it would not work just putting in the IP alone.

Reactions: Archangel_DT

raghu_mp

Jul 13, 2020
@ViciousXUSMC Yeah tried both, didn't work. Got the money back so I guess I'm off hunting a new r710. Still have the bricked one, would be neat if I could recover it somehow. I guess I keep it for spare parts for the future.
Was the laptop connected to the POE port? Try connecting to the other non-POE port and see if you can access the webgui or ssh.