Q670 with vPRO NAS Board!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chriggel

Mar 30, 2024
What's the point? I don't know about used prices and what retailers charge for NOS. It was released in 2015 and has been EOL for a long time. For as long as it has been available, it was around 200 EUR, which was reasonable.

Chriggel

Mar 30, 2024
"Enterprise-Class Commercial NAS" is what it says on the website. Riiiiiight! You can see the idea, 8x SATA for a ZFS pool and 3x M.2 NVMe for boot, l2arc and slog. But this wasn't thought through. With the Q670 chipset, vPro and the emphasis on HDMI and DP 4k 60Hz, this is a business office desktop board that happens to have 8x SATA for no real reason.

W680 or C26x chipset and maybe a BMC is what it needs instead, if it wants to be a NAS board.

kirelux

May 3, 2024
Does anyone have this board on hand? Curious about its idle power consumption and whether it uses ASM1166 for the onboard SATA ports or JMB585.

MWindu

Jan 14, 2024
Does anyone have this board on hand? Curious about its idle power consumption and whether it uses ASM1166 for the onboard SATA ports or JMB585.
The Q670 chipset supports 8 sata ports, so this board should not have either asm1166 or jmb585. This should equate to very low power consumption at idle if higher c-states are properly implemented.

kirelux

May 3, 2024
The Q670 chipset supports 8 sata ports, so this board should not have either asm1166 or jmb585. This should equate to very low power consumption at idle if higher c-states are properly implemented.
Do manufacturers usually list CSTATE guarantees on spec sheets? I’ve surveyed a couple of different motherboards but cannot find any information. Or do you happen to know if CWWK has a good history of low power (non N) motherboards?

MWindu

Jan 14, 2024
Do manufacturers usually list CSTATE guarantees on spec sheets? I’ve surveyed a couple of different motherboards but cannot find any information. Or do you happen to know if CWWK has a good history of low power (non N) motherboards?
Judging by what I’ve read in these forums about their n100/n305 boards, c-states do not seem to be a priority for the motherboard engineers that write the bios. However, with the Q670 chipset supporting all of this motherboard’s devices without the need for additional external controllers there should be no reason why this board shouldn’t be able to reach high c-states. Especially if only aspm capable add-on devices are used.